AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1603 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
If they can improve ansi somewhat, improve motion handling, and deliver a working CMS from the start.....on top of the announced improved brightness black level......WOW!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here we go again! This should be very interesting to see what we here from JVC in the next coming months. I am already interested in what we wil here about at CEDIA.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Can't wait to hear more about these projectors..

Xb1032, Do you know when Jason will be getting them in?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Nice. I was planning on getting a RS20 when come back to US. I know it's speculation at this point, but any thoughts on when it will be available?

·
Registered
442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabident /forum/post/16952112

Nice. I was planning on getting a RS20 when come back to US. I know it's speculation at this point, but any thoughts on when it will be available?

Hi,

in accordance with C4H news, september, not so far

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hi,

everybody planning to buy or already owning an RS20/HD750 can relax. Apparently there won't be that much difference between an HD750 and HD950 besides the introduction of a frame interpolation mechanism (100Hz or the like).

If I am not wrong the lumens specs will be only slightly higher from now 900 lumen to 1000 lumen (meaning the serial variation will be better).

Same thing with the HD350/HD550 btw. The HD550 will have FI but still no CMS (according to my source).

HIH

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi,

and there is another point : the MSRP in euro are 1 000 euros more than the former :

- HD350/RS10 : 3 990

- HD 550/RS ??? : 4 999

- HD750/RS20 : 5 990

- HD950/RS??? : 6 999 .

I think it will be the same thing in USD.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebes /forum/post/16952622

Hi,

and there is another point : the MSRP in euro are 1 000 euros more than the former

You are comparing street prices with MSRPs. There is only 500 Euro difference in MSRPs.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
So, without VAT, the MSRP difference would be about $850. A little brighter, a 60% increase in on\\off, frame interpolation or whatever, higher refresh. For this difference converted to street, who wouldn`t if possible trade their 20 in for the price difference? But these improvements really wouldn`t yield significant improvements in perceived PQ.

Now just think what an upscale model might add to this package. A better lens that is interchangeable meaning shorter zoom ranges and better processing for example. Even brighter.

BTW. I wonder how the on\\off increase was achieved? My guess is improvements in the polarizers.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clehner /forum/post/16952663

You are comparing street prices with MSRPs. There is only 500 Euro difference in MSRPs.

Hi,

in France, real street price are very lower than these amounts. Actually we could find (without negociation) these projectors at these prices :

http://www.elecson.com/hifi/index.ph...fb26b43adefccf

http://www.hifissimo.com/videoprojecteur.html

http://www.dynamichomecinema.fr/arti...385f8ae4986d32

http://www.audioprojection.com/audio...rojecteur.html

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
4k/6k Euros was the old MSRP when HD350/750 were introduced. Later JVC raised MSRP to 4.5/6.5k Euros to account for the weak Yen. So the HD550/950 MSRP is 0.5k higher than the current HD350/750 MSRP.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thebes, you just confirmed what I said. In France they tend to list street prices rather than MSRPs for JVC. Some non authorized JVC dealers in Germany do the same.

P.S.: You can always negotiate (also about the extras, like calibration, extra quality control for 0 dead pixels etc.)

·
Registered
789 Posts
The 950 does sound like a substantial upgrade over the 750 to me. I don't even own the 750 but if I did I'd certainly be tempted to upgrade. Seems that they have addressed the major complaints with the 750. Like you've said before Mark it will be interesting to see how they step it up even farther with whatever the top model # is going to be. Sounds like 100K plus contrast ratio could be likely.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clehner /forum/post/16952696

[...]

P.S.: You can always negotiate!

yes, I know (and I know the "real" street price for an HD 750) but at this moment I don't want replace my HD1
and it's not the HD 950's data sheet which could be changed my idea. Maybe a demonstration, but it seems too me the differences are not so important compare to the former projector.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Something tells me the higher end new model might not have a higher on\\off CR. I think there is a JVC market for higher ANSI lumens. Say 1300 to 1600. Bigger bulb yada. That would mean actually lower on\\off CR than the 950.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I suppose that's certainly possible. At least with the JVC's you can expect to get close to their advertised lumens when calibrated. I can't imagine anyone needing more then 1000-1200 lumens. I only say that because it seems like the target demographic that buys the JVC's usually have a dedicated room for them. In that environment that kind of light output should be able to satisfy a healthy majority. Unless someone is trying to go for some extreme screen size.

1 - 20 of 1603 Posts