AVS Forum banner

781 - 800 of 1735 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Almost all brand of that price range/complexity have those kind of problem. Look around in other thread you'll see even worst problem.
Yes i've payed 4k$ for a MRX1140 that have some bug, but i'm sur they will be solved. Just some sad thing like no analog pass-through and the ROON integration... well don't think about it.
ARC genesis beta will eventually get to real release. But for now, my jaw is dropping as stunning the sound is.
For now, i mostly only just the Zone 2 on demand (surround back streaming ROON on Chromecast). I've done a ROON eq using REW and WOW, it's sutting.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Its a bit of a disaster all round
I was looking at the 1140 to replace my Denon 8500H but I cant see any justification in doing that?
A improvement would be that you take the AVM70 or 90 and you use your multi-in on your 8500 to power everything. But pricy 4k$ to upgrade just for a little. The 8500 is a very good unit, if i would have that, i would stick to it for a while until a very nice technologie get out.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
A improvement would be that you take the AVM70 or 90 and you use your multi-in on your 8500 to power everything. But pricy 4k$ to upgrade just for a little. The 8500 is a very good unit, if i would have that, i would stick to it for a while until a very nice technologie get out.
the main reason for me was to try ARC and also have different profiles
I am not sure but I think the 8500 has better DACs than the Anthem?

·
Registered
91 Posts
First impression of this Anthem is not that high:)

If I run ARC, it sets all speakers to a maximum of +12.

if I ignore ARC and set everything myself, the center cannot be set low enough to match the other speakers. It just kind of screams. Slightly 10db higher than everything else and then I have set it to minus 12 which are the lowest.
anyone else who has this problem.
even after the arc is finished, all speakers are at a distance of 360cm, which is wrong.

and the fans sounds like a PS3 :)

I have to be an engineer to raise the volume with the remote .
Anthems answer, not happy with it. If the speaker is maxed out at +12 it cant be right

Hello

You must set the speaker distance manually. As for ARC calibration it is all within safe limits ,ARC does its adjustments based on your environment, With ARC increasing the level calibration you won't have to turn the volume up as high on the front of the device. which can potentially reduce distortion. Feel free to make personal adjustments after running ARC.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Will ARC Genesis eventually be able to calibrate both subwoofers separately on the 1140?

I was thinking of exchanging my 740 for the 1140, but that would only make sense if ARC Genesis will optimize each subwoofer separately.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Will ARC Genesis eventually be able to calibrate both subwoofers separately on the 1140?

I was thinking of exchanging my 740 for the 1140, but that would only make sense if ARC Genesis will optimize each subwoofer separately.
💥💥
Ok I just got off the phone with anthem tech support and great news!!

💥💥💥
2 Sub Arc calibration is coming to the 740 AND independent Phase correction as well and in the mean time he gave me these two suggestions:

💥💥💥💥
Plug in left sub, run ARC genesis, unplug left sub, plug in Right sub and run ARC Genesis again, and then plug both subs back in and ARC will correct for both subs!

💥💥💥💥💥
Also he said the MRX’s are set for 72db on the Sub channels versus 75 on all other so if you are manually level setting use 72db on the subs!

i just called back to get clarification on exactly how to run it and here it is for those thick headed like me:
1. Run a Calibration (after setting level to 72db) on just the left sub with only left sub plugged in, upload that to the MRX.
2. Run a Calibration (after setting level to 72db) on just the right sub only right sub plugged in, upload that to the MRX.
3. Plug both subs back in and have fun.

·
Registered
230 Posts

I have the 1140 and both sub was set independent.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Anthems answer, not happy with it. If the speaker is maxed out at +12 it cant be right

Hello

You must set the speaker distance manually. As for ARC calibration it is all within safe limits ,ARC does its adjustments based on your environment, With ARC increasing the level calibration you won't have to turn the volume up as high on the front of the device. which can potentially reduce distortion. Feel free to make personal adjustments after running ARC.
Wow, what a level 1 answer.... If you let everything at +12 db and some of the correction freq is +6db or more you'll get distortion on those frequencies. I've heard it when i've done ARC for first time. I was WHAT, there is distortion on my favorite track, no way! Then i saw the ARC setted everything at +12. Doing the workaround mentionned before did the trick, no more distortion.

·
Registered
230 Posts
💥💥

💥💥💥
2 Sub Arc calibration is coming to the 740 AND independent Phase correction as well and in the mean time he gave me these two suggestions:

💥💥💥💥
Plug in left sub, run ARC genesis, unplug left sub, plug in Right sub and run ARC Genesis again, and then plug both subs back in and ARC will correct for both subs!

💥💥💥💥💥
Also he said the MRX’s are set for 72db on the Sub channels versus 75 on all other so if you are manually level setting use 72db on the subs!

i just called back to get clarification on exactly how to run it and here it is for those thick headed like me:
1. Run a Calibration (after setting level to 72db) on just the left sub with only left sub plugged in, upload that to the MRX.
2. Run a Calibration (after setting level to 72db) on just the right sub only right sub plugged in, upload that to the MRX.
Thanks for those clarification. Many people here where asking the question.
Did you asked the question about the base pink noise volume in ARC being too low to reach the 75db? What's their tought about that?

·
Registered
119 Posts
💥💥

💥💥💥

💥💥💥💥

💥💥💥💥💥

super helpful post! And exciting to hear support on the 740!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Thanks for those clarification. Many people here where asking the question.
Did you asked the question about the base pink noise volume in ARC being too low to reach the 75db? What's their tought about that?
I didn’t ask that unfortunately. I should have had my questions in notes in front of me 🤦🏻

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone!
I received my MRX 740 today from Hobo Hifi in the Netherlands (thanks to their team for the quick reply and shipping by the way!). The Anthem is not available in Germany yet, as far as I can tell and interesting enough the price in the Netherlands was a bit cheaper as well. Anyways, I just plugged it in did the FW Update. This got me a "MCU - No Flash" message by the way. Had to unplug the MRX and after powering up the MCU was flashed sucessfully - I hope :D

Afterwards I only set the speaker distances in the first profile and tried the remapping of the speakers. I actually thought the user would not be so limitied there. I would have liked to set the surrounds to front instead of hights. As far as I remember the Fronts are Class A/B and I would have liked the surrounds to use those instead of integreated Class D. I am using a XTZ A2-300 for my fronts now to get all my 9 speakers running. I think and hope that is the best way for connections.

So far I like the MRX, even though I haven't tried the web interface (I do miss a full on screen menu a little bit) and I am really anxious about the ARC, but I have to pospone that to another day. I do have to read through the entire thread again and rtfm, so I do not miss anything, coming from Denon/Marantz and Yamaha this receiver is a bit different indeed :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
💥💥

💥💥💥

💥💥💥💥

💥💥💥💥💥

Confused by how this method would calibrate both subwoofers. Wouldn't the second subwoofer calibration overwrite the data from the first calibration?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi everyone!
I received my MRX 740 today from Hobo Hifi in the Netherlands (thanks to their team for the quick reply and shipping by the way!). The Anthem is not available in Germany yet, as far as I can tell and interesting enough the price in the Netherlands was a bit cheaper as well. Anyways, I just plugged it in did the FW Update. This got me a "MCU - No Flash" message by the way. Had to unplug the MRX and after powering up the MCU was flashed sucessfully - I hope :D

Afterwards I only set the speaker distances in the first profile and tried the remapping of the speakers. I actually thought the user would not be so limitied there. I would have liked to set the surrounds to front instead of hights. As far as I remember the Fronts are Class A/B and I would have liked the surrounds to use those instead of integreated Class D. I am using a XTZ A2-300 for my fronts now to get all my 9 speakers running. I think and hope that is the best way for connections.

So far I like the MRX, even though I haven't tried the web interface (I do miss a full on screen menu a little bit) and I am really anxious about the ARC, but I have to pospone that to another day. I do have to read through the entire thread again and rtfm, so I do not miss anything, coming from Denon/Marantz and Yamaha this receiver is a bit different indeed :)
I've read all the post here and i see that i'm not alone thinking there should have been a way in matrix to route surround back to front to have all the main on a class AB and all the in-ceilling (6) on class D amp.
For now i use the surround back for zone 2 on demand and i stream TIDAL using ROON over the chromecast and the sound is stunning, even if the amp is class D so maybe it is not a problem to not being able to route the front channel for the surround back.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Confused by how this method would calibrate both subwoofers. Wouldn't the second subwoofer calibration overwrite the data from the first calibration?
I asked that, you turn on just the subwoofer for calibration (1 for instance) and then (2 for the second for instance).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes, it will overwrite, but think about it, it will overwrite with same data. The first write will be all channel and sub 1, then second will be all channel (overwrite) and sub 2, so you end up with both sub set.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I've read all the post here and i see that i'm not alone thinking there should have been a way in matrix to route surround back to front to have all the main on a class AB and all the in-ceilling (6) on class D amp.
For now i use the surround back for zone 2 on demand and i stream TIDAL using ROON over the chromecast and the sound is stunning, even if the amp is class D so maybe it is not a problem to not being able to route the front channel for the surround back.
I was under the impression all amps in the 1140 are 11x140watt A/B?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was under the impression all amps in the 1140 are 140watt A/B?
5 first main channel are class AB 140w (2 chan driven) and other 6 channels are 60w. I was scared at first to not have enought power in those 6 channels but no, its not a problem, plenty of power and everything is equal after gain/ARC setup.

781 - 800 of 1735 Posts