AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2455 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Typically, when using analog preouts for Zone 2/3, the input has to be analog as well (which is probably why the CD player works).
Typically, when using HDMI out for Zone 2/3, the input has to be HDMI as well (so I'm surprised that the AppleTV doesn't work).
Streaming content is considered digital, so may not send out over analog preouts
Typically, higher end systems like the LX801 do analog/digital conversion so any input can be sent to Zone 2/3 over any port. That doesn't seem to be happening though.

Hopefully opideegs' references to the manual will help clarify.

If you're trying to play streaming music like Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, etc to the other Zone/receiver, you may not need to use the Zone features.
If the 2nd receiver isn't already Play-Fi compatible, you could add a Play-Fi streamer like the inexpensive Phorus PR5 to the other receiver.
Then you can use the Play-Fi app to send streaming music to one or both, independently or grouped.

The only way I can send music through Zone 2 is when the source is a CD player, and not when it's either Apple TV or direct to Airplay. I was once told it's because the source has to be digital, is that correct? I also just today tried the HDMI out from the LX801 to the HDMI in of the other receiver, but that doesn't work either. If that truly is the case it seems a little odd, and to me defeats the purpose a bit of having a Zone 2. Does anybody have any knowledge on this? Thank you!!

·
Registered
Oled65gx sc-lx801 monolith5 lsim707 Oppo 203 pb2000 pc2000 7.2.4
109 Posts
Hi new to using a sc-lx901. Does anyone have a 7.1 setup working satisfactorily that are willing to share their setting with me?
I think its selecting the correct setting in the various option as I get quite a muffled sound and with my previous amp they were crystal clear and the sound was punchy.
I have a 801 running 7.2.4 with a five channel monolith amp. 2 Svs 2000 subs
I just recently reset everything because MCACC was not giving me proper data
After re-running MCACC pro I manually set cross over to 80 and speakers too small
The system now sounds the best I have ever had
Maybe it’s going with the dual subs
I can’t stop Rewatching movies with Atmos and DTSX soundtracks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi
I have the sc-lx901 model - and now I suddenly got this strange problem and curious what others do after calibration. So far I've always used my radio shack and the internal test tones to get the levels correct as I always think that MCACC is a little off with channel levels. But when I put a calibration dvd like Avia II or AIX - the levels wrong - not so much for the front channels but side and back surround is way off. When I use REW and the UMIK-1 and try to use test tones and spl meter its the same thing. I once read that internal test tones are without EQ and other stuff - whereas the calibration dvd / REW is after and more the true picture. What is your take on this ?
Reason why I went down this road was because of some movies in UHD / 4k where I thought the surround was way off !

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi
found the solution - it was icontrolAV5 app that was messing with my system. Internal test tones is one thing - but when real input is coming into receiver it changes according to many things - like the balance screen in this app. This was reset to center (as I thought it should be). Uninstalled this app and installed it again and now the "ball" was now placed somewhere else. No clue if this really was it - anyway uninstalled this for good and now installed the pioneer remote app. Made a full calibration again + the adv. pro with proper ms delay and now it's fine - in both my REW and test dvd's and blurays :p.
Also noticed - icontrolAV5 app - has not been updated in 3 years !! but the remote app was 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Glad you were able to find a solution. I am fond of the Pioneer Remote App. I just wish it could get it to control mt LX-500 as it says in the app literature. Oh well it does link to the icontrolAV5 app. I quite often use my Harmony Smart Hub when the apps don't connect or otherwise act up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My apology up front if this issue has been raised before, but my search for "zone 2" pulled up quite a lot of information! I've reached out to Pioneer technical support on a few issues and unfortunately they've not been too helpful, so I figured I'd reach out to the experts here.

I've had my LX801 for several years and have not been able to fully utilize the Zone 2 (or 3) feature. My Zone 2 speakers are a considerable distance away, so in order to power them I have to use another receiver and am using the preamp output. The only way I can send music through Zone 2 is when the source is a CD player, and not when it's either Apple TV or direct to Airplay. I was once told it's because the source has to be digital, is that correct? I also just today tried the HDMI out from the LX801 to the HDMI in of the other receiver, but that doesn't work either. If that truly is the case it seems a little odd, and to me defeats the purpose a bit of having a Zone 2. Does anybody have any knowledge on this? Thank you!!
I ran into this problem some time ago. You need to turn on Zone 2 HDMI Out. I had the Sub HDMI out connected to a Pioneer SC-07 for outdoor speakers. The SC-07 was Zone 2. But lately theApple TV 4K complained whenever I turned on that zone. Had another ATV 4K and hooked that up to the SC-07. Everyone is happy now and Airplay2 works really well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Wondering if anyone can help, not sure if the issue is the tv or receiver. Seems like when watching a movie using my oppo (can’t remember which other input this may have happened to), out of nowhere the input on my receiver changes to TV and I have to switch it back. I have a lx701, tv is the lg oled c9. All hdmi’s run to the pioneer with one out to the c9, I don’t have anything on the tv input plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm about to hook up an external 5-ch amp to my 801 and I'm wondering what the correct procedure is for this. I went through the settings for Pre-Amp Mode in the receiver and the choices seem to be using Pre-outs for the L&R, L&C&R or ALL. Is there not a way to use Pre-outs for the 5 bed level channels, and only use the receiver to power the 4 Atmos heights?

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm about to hook up an external 5-ch amp to my 801 and I'm wondering what the correct procedure is for this. I went through the settings for Pre-Amp Mode in the receiver and the choices seem to be using Pre-outs for the L&R, L&C&R or ALL. Is there not a way to use Pre-outs for the 5 bed level channels, and only use the receiver to power the 4 Atmos heights?
The "preamp mode" setting is simply a power saving setting to disable onboard amp channels that are not being used.

The pre-outs can be connected to your external amp without "preamp mode" being on.

There is not a specific "preamp mode" setting that would turn off the 5 onboard bed-level amps and leave the 4 onboard atmos amps active. You could set "preamp mode" to "front + center" if you want to turn off the LCR amps for whatever power savings you might realize.

Page 30 of Basic manual discusses preamp mode. Page 9 of Advanced manual shows the supported speaker configurations. https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/manuals/docs/SC-LX801_701_BAS_ADV_En_171116_web.pdf

·
Registered
444 Posts
The "preamp mode" setting is simply a power saving setting to disable onboard amp channels that are not being used.

The pre-outs can be connected to your external amp without "preamp mode" being on.

There is not a specific "preamp mode" setting that would turn off the 5 onboard bed-level amps and leave the 4 onboard atmos amps active. You could set "preamp mode" to "front + center" if you want to turn off the LCR amps for whatever power savings you might realize.

Page 30 of Basic manual discusses preamp mode. Page 9 of Advanced manual shows the supported speaker configurations. https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/manuals/docs/SC-LX801_701_BAS_ADV_En_171116_web.pdf
It’s a good thing this was brought up, I can’t recall if I did this. I pre out the front three channels

·
Registered
156 Posts

Extremely helpful, thank you!

Reactions: whirling

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can someone tell me the pre out voltage for the lx801? For some reason I can’t find it online anywhere. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got the latest firmware update on my 01 AVR - 0011. Does anyone know what the updates consist of?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Interesting , I haven’t done an update in ages, probably need to look into this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a SC-LX801 yesterday and started by config wi-fi. Then I started the firmware upgrade that passed 70% and next time I looked at it the display showed "ERROR!! 8-05""

The unit sets it self in "recovery mode" and the display says "RECOVERY: NET" or "Recovery: USB" if I hold the standby/on button when It starts up.

The same error code comes up regardless network or USB is used for update. Have tried a lot of different firmware-editions from Pioneers homepage but no one works for me.

The SC-LX801 just keep saying "Recovery". And I can't access the menu or nothing.

Thru the network/ip I succeeded to navigate in to the network settings of the 801. The DHCP settings seems ok but the unit says it is a SC-LX701!!?? Something truly went wrong at the first firmware update and now it won't accept any firmware.

Do someone have any thoughts or answers?

Regards
Hi, facing same issue. Did u find a solution.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For the life of me, I cannot get the trigger function to work from my SC-LX801 to my Outlaw 7500. I’ve followed what has been said on the forums here with HDMI Out turned off with everything else set to MAIN but the power amp will not come on. Even if I go to the Outlaw and press the power button, it will not turn on as long as a trigger is plugged in. Any ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the life of me, I cannot get the trigger function to work from my SC-LX801 to my Outlaw 7500. I’ve followed what has been said on the forums here with HDMI Out turned off with everything else set to MAIN but the power amp will not come on. Even if I go to the Outlaw and press the power button, it will not turn on as long as a trigger is plugged in. Any ideas?
Try a different trigger cable. Some have open grounds which can cause problems like this.

2401 - 2420 of 2455 Posts