AVS Forum banner

2441 - 2455 of 2455 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, so that's weird to me? Why do so many models advertised as 9.2 actually have the ability to do 11.2 with an external amp, but a full 11.2 is so rare or so much more expensive? Two more channels of on-board amplification doesn't cost much more in hardware, and it's already got the processing capability.

·
Registered
29 Posts
arg, the 6015 has 8K passthrough and some other features that I had no idea I needed (lol) and it's still cheaper than the 801.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Does the receiver have its 'eco mode' enabled? If so, try it with it off.

SC-LX901 Question. When I turn on my TV, the 901 powers up, but it doesn't turn the amplifiers 'on'. I have to manually use the Pioneer remote and toggle the volume up or down - at which point I hear a big 'click' and then my sound kicks in. Is there a setting I'm missing? On my prior SC-95 this was not an issue: I simply turned on my TV and I had volume from the AVR.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
Sony A8H 65, Panasonic UB820P-K, Pioneer SC-LX501, Klipsch R-820F, Sunfire MKIV, Pioneer KRP-500M
28 Posts
OK folks, here's a good one!

I run an SC-LX701 in 5.1.4 configuration. I had my Atmos speakers set as Front High and Rear High (not able or willing to fit ceiling speakers)

Anyway, I have just upgraded my Atmos speakers with some new ones and had them set as before. Running some tests to see how they perform.....get to Saving Private Ryan UHD (Atmos) and notice there is no sound coming from the front height speakers. I would have expected a LOT of activity of the front high speakers, particularly the beach landing scene with all the bullets whizzing around.

Using the AV5 app, switch off all speakers except the Atmos speakers. There are sounds from the rears but nothing from the fronts. Crank the volume up (a lot) and can hear some faint noise at the front but nothing like it should be. Anyway, I had the idea to check the speaker configuration setting and changed the Front Height to TOP FRONT. Ran the test again and BAM! Loads of activity on the TOP FRONT speakers now.

I don't know yet if it's just this movie, but I've always had my front height speakers set to, well...... front height. Have I been missing out on front height action in all the time I've had this setting in the past? I will now need to check all my Atmos disks to see if the problem was always there.

I would have thought the Pioneer would have correctly mapped the Atmos speakers to the source, so it's a bit frustrating to find this after all the time I have had it!

I'd be interested to see if anyone else can try this out with the SPR disk and replicate the "problem".
Hi, I had same issue with the 501 version as well. Thanks for the heads up. How did you deal with distance to ceiling setting per “top front” Atmos speakers?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the 801, and have an issue since the last firmware update. When I listen to music, I put it in extended stereo. Now with the latest upgrade, I have reverb in ext stereo. It's driving me nuts

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I ave a LX901 and its all working well with my LGc9 tv -Xbox one and Sky Q - I have been trying to connect my Optoma Hd 1080 projector but it just will not work. I used the Zone 2/ Sub out - When I use just the sub setting I can see the Pioneer Setup screen through the projetor. but cannot get it to pickup the Sky box. I have tested the projector using the HDMI connection from the projector and this worked perfectly. So the HDMI lead works, Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I recently came across this thread while troubleshooting my LX701. As of this morning, my HDMI inputs are all showing a blue screen. I normally turn on my Apple TV and it automatically triggers everything to turn on (Apple TV, TV, and Receiver), and it goes straight to my Apple TV home menu. Everything is still turning on automatically; however, all I see is a blue screen. Has anyone seen or experienced this before? Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Xbox one and Sky Q - I have been trying to connect my Optoma Hd 1080 projector but it just will not work. I used the Zone 2/ Sub out - When I use just the sub setting I can see the Pioneer Setup screen through the projetor. but cannot get it to pickup the Sky box.
Both inputs are HDMI?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Hello, I recently came across this thread while troubleshooting my LX701. As of this morning, my HDMI inputs are all showing a blue screen. I normally turn on my Apple TV and it automatically triggers everything to turn on (Apple TV, TV, and Receiver), and it goes straight to my Apple TV home menu. Everything is still turning on automatically; however, all I see is a blue screen. Has anyone seen or experienced this before? Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks!
I have had this type of thing before. I had success by unplugging the AVR and then holding in the power button to release any stored power. Then plug it back and turn it on. If it doesn't work try repeating the sequence before doing a full factory reset. Good luck sir.

2441 - 2455 of 2455 Posts