AVS Forum banner

321 - 323 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
18,850 Posts
It works trust me, I did it yesterday morning to up the LFE channel. It’s an uncomfortable and janky way to change things on the menu but it works.
Btw this is one of the main things where the JVC’s blow the Sony’s out the water...being able to change things on the menu via an app instead of using this ridiculous system of wires to get to the Sony’s menu is huge
As I said the 7500 does it all right from the headphone and shows bars that light up on the transmitter. Sony went backwards by requiring you to go to an on-screen menu every time you want to make an adjustment. Had I known this I wouldn't have bothered.

Waste of money.

Back on eBay it goes I guess.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anybody ever taken the base unit apart? I was wondering if it would be at all possible to just solder a line-out in there. The cans have died on me and I can't seem to find anything remotely the same for my usecase. (The JVC is an option, but it's a bit beyond my budget and I had the base unit hooked up to an audio extractor for ages, so I don't care if it does Dolby Vision or 4K60, it still produces better surround sound compared to all the headsets I've tried.)

I might replace my Onkyo for a Yamaha with SilentCinema down the line, but I'm not sure how that compares to the HW700.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anybody ever taken the base unit apart? I was wondering if it would be at all possible to just solder a line-out in there. The cans have died on me and I can't seem to find anything remotely the same for my usecase. (The JVC is an option, but it's a bit beyond my budget and I had the base unit hooked up to an audio extractor for ages, so I don't care if it does Dolby Vision or 4K60, it still produces better surround sound compared to all the headsets I've tried.)

I might replace my Onkyo for a Yamaha with SilentCinema down the line, but I'm not sure how that compares to the HW700.
That would be a great modification to be able to add ones own wired headphones. That was the only feature I wished Sony would have added to the base unit.

321 - 323 of 323 Posts