120 Hz Refresh Rate /X-Motion Clarity
Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant
Acoustic Multi-Audio speakers with S-Force Front Surround
ATSC 3.0 tuner

Official PlayStation 5 TV.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I thought the 900H was edge lit and the 950H was full array. If the 900H does have full array local dimming and is HDMI 2.1,then what is the point in buying the 950H? Especially considering the price difference.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I thought the 900H was edge lit and the 950H was full array. If the 900H does have full array local dimming and is HDMI 2.1,then what is the point in buying the 950H? Especially considering the price difference.
They different X1 engines, for starters.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My bad, I was reading the model as the 800H which is edge lit. The 900H wasn't announced at CES was it? I thought it was just 800H and 950H.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's very confusing! I had to look it up myself. The X900H was announced at CES but not much info came out about it at that time. Now we know that it has more features than the X950H, even though the X950H is their higher-end model and the X900H is mid-range model... no idea why they would do that. Vizio still seems like the best bet for a new TV on paper, but we will soon see!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Wonder if they'll push an update for HDR10+.
Why would Sony support HDR10+? It' basically a Samsung invention and there is vastly more content in Dolby Video? Samsung doesn't even have a 4k Blue Ray player that support HDR10+ anymore.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I might pick up the 55" for gaming only. However I'll wait until they actually release the HDMI 2.1 update. I remember it took almost a year for Sony to release their promised Dolby Vision update for my x930e.

·
Registered
660 Posts
not much, but H950H has :
- more zones (probably)
- X1U
- wider angles

·
Registered
68 Posts
not much, but H950H has :
- more zones (probably)
- X1U
- wider angles
Also higher peak brightness.

We'll have to wait for professional reviews and owner feedback before we can say for sure how the X950H and X900H perform, and how they compare to each other. But it's looking like the X900H should be a great gaming TV, and I think it'll sell very well. The perfect Sony TV to pair with your next-gen console, and affordable to a lot more people than its bigger brothers. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
i just ordered the 85x900f for delivery in two weeks. i am replacing my 75x940d under Magnolia Care so i have a $3k credit towards a new set. my credit expires on May 5th. This TV better release before then!!! LOL for $500 i would get the nicer remote, apple airplay 2, 2 year newer model, HDMI 2.1...

·
Registered
660 Posts
i just ordered the 85x900f for delivery in two weeks. i am replacing my 75x940d under Magnolia Care so i have a $3k credit towards a new set. my credit expires on May 5th. This TV better release before then!!! LOL for $500 i would get the nicer remote, apple airplay 2, 2 year newer model, HDMI 2.1...
well 900F has X1E and this has X1

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True but for next gen gaming.... HDMI 2.1 is bigger.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
As far as i am concerned, one of the pivotal specs of the X900H line is the fact that it does not have the X-Wide angle technology, which as we all know takes a huge hit in native contrast with the "benefit" of widening the viewing angle.

I am single and watch my Sony 940E 6 feet away from the middle of the screen and for me such huge loss of native contrast ratio is unacceptable, i have no need for it and would never buy a set that uses it.

I imagine that if i had a family of four with some people having to sit on the edges of a couch the X-Wide angle would perhaps make more sense...

BTW, the pricing for the 85" set is amazing, especially considering it is a Sony 4K LCD set wit FALD plus such myriad of other "goodies".

·
Registered
660 Posts
yeah, the price for a brand new 2020 set with FALD (even if its only 50 or something zones), HDMI 2.1 (even if only 1 out of 4 ports) & Sony-tier PQ/motion etc. even for a 85" is pretty good

1 - 20 of 4317 Posts