AVS Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 5854 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone know what the power saving mode does? Picked up the 65" last night at Costco after the $100 price drop. Also, the bias light(luminoodle) stays on then goes off, then flashes on and then off. What the hell is up with this? I can't find any info on the bias light. Other than the bias light issue the TV is flawless. It has perfect blacks, don't see any banding or DSE and no blooming.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just picked up the US Costco version yesterday 75inch. Picture is great! But just today I noticed some horizontal lines flickering on the bottom, middle and top of the whole panel. Only when video is playing though. Switched between xbox and native apps like YouTube and Hulu. Lines were still there. Turned the TV off and haven't seen them come back yet. I have to have a defective panel right? I hate re boxing and returning ugh.
On a side note took me 3 Samsung Q70r65s to get a good one. Guess they don't make panels like they used to.
Whats the pros of me returning the Costco version and picking up another say at Best Buy?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just picked up the US Costco version yesterday 75inch. Picture is great! But just today I noticed some horizontal lines flickering on the bottom, middle and top of the whole panel. Only when video is playing though. Switched between xbox and native apps like YouTube and Hulu. Lines were still there. Turned the TV off and haven't seen them come back yet. I have to have a defective panel right? I hate re boxing and returning ugh.
On a side note took me 3 Samsung Q70r65s to get a good one. Guess they don't make panels like they used to.
Whats the pros of me returning the Costco version and picking up another say at Best Buy?
Try switching HDMI cables and make sure its a high speed cable, at least 18GBP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try switching HDMI cables and make sure its a high speed cable, at least 18GBP.
I do have a new cable coming for the Xbox but it also was doing it on the Android Apps installed on the TV as well. Like YouTube and Hulu.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I do have a new cable coming for the Xbox but it also was doing it on the Android Apps installed on the TV as well. Like YouTube and Hulu.
If you have it hard wired to your router try changing that cable, those Cat5 or Cat6 cables can go bad. Worst case I would definitely take it back for an exchange. TV is too nice to pass up for something can happen with any set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have it hard wired to your router try changing that cable, those Cat5 or Cat6 cables can go bad. Worst case I would definitely take it back for an exchange. TV is too nice to pass up for something can happen with any set.
Not hard wired. Wifi here. This one has perfect picture! I hate to return it. But if it's a panel problem it will most likely come back. I took a video but won't let me post it.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Returning def is a pain. I'd wait and see if it comes up again since Costco gives you 90 days. Plus you have the extended warranty from them

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hopefully when my local Best Buy is letting people in I can see the 900 and 950 together. Sucks with the 950 having way lower contrast For the wide angle film. In our house the only one who even cares about picture or audio quality is me. Wife and kids watch with a washed out off angle picture. Doesn’t bother them one bit. I try to tell them” sit over here, it’s better “. Looks and sounds the same to them. Lol

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Would love confirmation on the banding... I just ordered it from costco, but decided to cancel my order after seeing the banding comments lol. I've not heard of that Quantum guy, but he seemed weirdly critical of the tv while still praising the heck out of it. I got spooked!
Erase that crap from your brain. It really is crap. That guy- Quantum is crap. I'm not trying to sell you, but I hate that they put that fear in you like that. I really wish Quantum's videos could be banned from the site. If you really want to wait then do, and wait for Vincent's review, or even rtings. Seriously, I don't think you'd be unhappy with the 900H.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got my 75" to replace the 65".

The 75" also has DSE, but it doesn't have those black bars that the 65" set.

I'm content. This is probably as good as it gets.

Only thing is, I'm thinking of getting the 85" now. I'll see once my new tv stand comes in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should all calm down about the banding. There is no banding on the panel.
The banding in this idiot's video comes from bad source.
The X900H can't remove banding from bad sources due to the lack of smooth gradation.
Its a non issue unless you watch highly compressed sources / bitrate starved content.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can someone with the 85" tell me the distance from the bottom vesa mount holes to the bottom of the tv?

For some reason, the 65" and 75" both feel like it is the same distance. 5.5"

2221 - 2240 of 5854 Posts