AVS Forum banner

4161 - 4180 of 5604 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
People, stop worrying about things you don't see while actually viewing things on the TV or playing games. You tube videos are not what you should judge your set on. If you see things that bother you while watching a movie,TB show, DVD, playing a game, etc., then definitely return/exchange it. If you only see things while watching YouTube videos that are made to look for problems don't sweat it unless You're going to watch an object float around a white screen all day.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Since early impressions of the 2021 P Quantum X are negative, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 75in model of this, but the jailbar issues mentioned in this thread give me pause. Is there a particular online retailer I should choose for ease of return? I do not have a car, and I live in a major city.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since early impressions of the 2021 P Quantum X are negative, I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 75in model of this, but the jailbar issues mentioned in this thread give me pause. Is there a particular online retailer I should choose for ease of return? I do not have a car, and I live in a major city.
Crutchfield is hard to beat for returns.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Costco has easy returns. There’s someone on this thread that had 6 attempts. Not sure all Costco’s work that way, but I’ve never had an issue with any returns. Never had to return a TV there though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Costco has easy returns. There’s someone on this thread that had 6 attempts. Not sure all Costco’s work that way, but I’ve never had an issue with any returns. Never had to return a TV there though.
Does Costco box it up and pick it up for returns?

·
Registered
39 Posts
People, stop worrying about things you don't see while actually viewing things on the TV or playing games. You tube videos are not what you should judge your set on. If you see things that bother you while watching a movie,TB show, DVD, playing a game, etc., then definitely return/exchange it. If you only see things while watching YouTube videos that are made to look for problems don't sweat it unless You're going to watch an object float around a white screen all day.
If I'm going to spend this much on a tv I expect it to be clear of manufacturing defects. I don't think a line down the middle of the screen is acceptable. There are a few things that come with the LCD technology that we have to deal with, bars and lines I don't think should get a pass

·
Registered
39 Posts
And what do you think Costco does with these returned sets?.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just a question for owners of this set.

I will plan to have both a PS5 and the new XBOX hooked to a new set directly through the two (hopefully) HDMI 2.1 ports that will be enabled via firmware, and then an Apple TV 4K on one of the other HDMI ports. However, I need then to get audio back to my AVR that is in the back of my home theater. I would rather do this via HDMI since I already have an HDMI cable running from front to back of the HT and from what I'ver read Optical quality erodes after 16 feet, and the run will likely be at least 20-24 feet.

Will the ARC work on any of the 4 HDMI ports or is there only a specific HDMI port for this?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just a question for owners of this set.

I will plan to have both a PS5 and the new XBOX hooked to a new set directly through the two (hopefully) HDMI 2.1 ports that will be enabled via firmware, and then an Apple TV 4K on one of the other HDMI ports. However, I need then to get audio back to my AVR that is in the back of my home theater. I would rather do this via HDMI since I already have an HDMI cable running from front to back of the HT and from what I'ver read Optical quality erodes after 16 feet, and the run will likely be at least 20-24 feet.

Will the ARC work on any of the 4 HDMI ports or is there only a specific HDMI port for this?
ARC only works on HDMI 3. A receiver with multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs would work but I don’t think there are any out yet. Not sure if anyone makes a HDMI 2.1 switch yet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If I'm going to spend this much on a tv I expect it to be clear of manufacturing defects. I don't think a line down the middle of the screen is acceptable. There are a few things that come with the LCD technology that we have to deal with, bars and lines I don't think should get a pass
I get what you are saying but also understand NOTHING will be perfect. I had the the best Pioneer Kuro at one time, the Sharp Elite, Sony 940c, etc. They were all expensive and considered the top tv's at the time. They ALL had issues. Many of the issues where annoying (like clouding, flashlighting, a strange line down one side on the far left, etc) on a super expensive tv. However you have to learn what you can live with and what is to much. It is a personal decision. I have the 85" 900H and I see no line at all. Like a previous poster stated though, I don't go looking for issues, running slides, or looking at you tube DSE videos. That would drive me mad and I know only increase my OCD with this purchase. If I don't see it in normal content or playing games, then I am good. I do think I have some DSE but every tv I have owned has had that to some degree.

I completely agree that if you get it and you see that line during content, jail bars, etc. then definitely return it. Try a swap or move on after that. If you don't see it during content though (and only on test slides or videos), who cares? There will be no perfect tv. It's simply not possible no matter what you pay.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ARC only works on HDMI 3. A receiver with multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs would work but I don’t think there are any out yet. Not sure if anyone makes a HDMI 2.1 switch yet.

I hope they do eventually release a reliable HDMI 2.1 switch this year (well and certified HDMI 2.1 cables also). With my setup, I have my soundbar going to the ARC Input 3 which only leaves 1 HDMI 2.1 port for the PS5 and XSX. My plan now is to just swap the HDMI cable from the PS5 to the XSX when I want to use each console. A little frustrating but I can live with that for a while if I need to. Also a lot of switches that get released are mediocre or cause even more issues. I am hoping for a quality one gets released similar to the old OPPO one years back that I had. Yes it wasn't cheap but it was rock solid.I thought about getting a soundbar that had optical just to free up both HDMI 2.1 ports but I didn't want to do that if possible.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I don't think I've seen anyone with the 75" mention jailbars. I know they aren't there on mine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for this.

So what I'll probably do is set it up initially with just one of the two boxes on HDMI 4 for the HDMI 2.1 connection, and the other along with the Apple TV into HDMI 1 and 2, and run audio through the HDMI 3 ARC connection back to my current AVR. In the future I will then look at a new AVR with HDMI 2.1 pass-through if they happen, or an HDMI 2.1 switcher.

Anyone have any opinions on if this set-up will work OK with the X900H?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Really seems like I dodged a bullet jumping on the 900H instead of Vizio’s new lineup.

These first impressions are not looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
646 Posts
Really seems like I dodged a bullet jumping on the 900H instead of Vizio’s new lineup.

These first impressions are not looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I chose the 900Hbecause it’s not Sony’s first 85” display. They all have initial problems that sometimes take years to correct. 85” panels are a lot more to get through manufacturing and to the home too. The issues I saw looked like the TVs just weren’t ready from a software perspective. That said, I jumped also because the reports from V’s suppliers weren’t confidence-inspiring.

I hope they get it right. I could use a 2nd 85” in 2 years when another smaller TV needs to be replaced.

4161 - 4180 of 5604 Posts