AVS Forum banner

5841 - 5860 of 7241 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
So it turns out I did goof it up. While the stand I got does fit the stand I got, at it's lowest setting it's like 8 inches off the bottom of the stand. I was expecting the bolts to be more center of the TV instead of so low. I was hoping to get something closer to the gap height of about as much as the feet are now...so like 3 inches or so? Is it possible to just buy a couple of vertical brackets or do I need to buy a whole new stand?

So far the TV itself is looking good. I am still working through the settings but it has DSE at a level I don't notice if not testing for it. I did notice the flickering video on YouTube and I do have the wifi disconnects but it seems to reconnect all on its own. I had to run out for a bit but plan to do more tweaking when I get back.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So it turns out I did goof it up. While the stand I got does fit the stand I got, at it's lowest setting it's like 8 inches off the bottom of the stand. I was expecting the bolts to be more center of the TV instead of so low. I was hoping to get something closer to the gap height of about as much as the feet are now...so like 3 inches or so? Is it possible to just buy a couple of vertical brackets or do I need to buy a whole new stand?
Can you post the picture of the back?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is it possible to just buy a couple of vertical brackets or do I need to buy a whole new stand?
The brackets that attach to the TV are custom to that model of stand. Highly unlikely that other 'extra long' brackets would work, as both the upper and lower mounting points for the brackets would need to be an exact width and angle to match up with the mounting plate of your stand. Only real option would be to reach out to the manufacturer of the stand and see if they offer anything like you're asking for.

Any other DIY solutions are far too risky IMO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Valid point and love the discussion. Maybe I could have worded it differently.

Just curious if you're on the new firmware? Mine worked great prior to upgrading.
To chime in here, when I got my set I was notified of a new firmware right away, so my set since having it has pretty much always been on the latest firmware (x90ch). The first wifi incident occurred I think on day 6 of owning the set, just shy of a full week.

Since you've had your set for longer, you never saw the wifi thing happen at all before updating to the latest fw?

·
Vendor
27,394 Posts
Yes, this is true, but what you may not know is squaretrade calls it a 5 year warranty (they will cover what the manufacturer won't cover during the first 3 years, like power surge). So the squaretrade warranty covers everything for 2 years after the 3 year warranty is up.
Yep, you have to watch that fine print.......

·
Registered
9 Posts
you can press the HELP button on your remote (right under the channel +- buttons). once help menu is opened, on the bottom left corner it will show your TV model number and below that the firmware version. as of today, the current firmware version is PKG 6.0142
Hm, my version is 6.0152.

But then again, I have the european model so maybe that's why.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My Kanto mount came with 15mm M6 screws. The TV manual says 10-12 mm M6 into the screw in adapter. I figured the 15mm plus a washer, plus the mounting hardware would result in ~12 mm going into the adapter. I screwed it in tight and everything seems nice and secure.

I do believe the TV manual said too long of a screw can damage the TV. I'd stick with what Sony recommends, I'm guessing most people here did and if their TVs were falling off the mounts, they'd be posting about it.
Those Kanto mounts are awesome. Which one did you get? I have the PMX-700 because it pushes very close to the wall when the TVs off for vacation. These things are sturdy and worth every penny.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just got my 75" a few days ago and wall mounted it using the metal spacers included with the TV and 12mm M6 screws as per the TV Instruction Manual. It seems fine but I can't shake the feeling that these screws are too short. I'm using an ECHOGEAR wall mount fwiw. I'm tempted to take it back down and install longer screws like the 20mm ones that also came with the mount. Am I being paranoid? Anyone else use 12mm screws as per the manual?
Discussed earlier... I also used an Echogear mount, the M6 X 20 bolts bottomed out in the spacer with ~ 1/8th of an inch gap which worked out just right for the bracket and washer .

This was for 85", assume the spacers are the same for all the sizes.. since the spacer is what attaches to TV, can't screw a mounting bolt in too far to damage inside of TV.

The book actually shows 10-12mm of thread in the spacer, so would think you would need at least a 15mm bolt to account for the bracket and washers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those Kanto mounts are awesome. Which one did you get? I have the PMX-700 because it pushes very close to the wall when the TVs off for vacation. These things are sturdy and worth every penny.
I got the FMX3 from Costco. It is solid and sturdy. 4" from the wall is plenty close for me. In fact it is sitting like a foot away from the wall right now and I'm OK with it. Still need to get everything set up right, but that won't happen until I install my wall outlet/cable management above the mount.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is anyone with a wallmounted 85" able to tell me how much TV there is from the bottom of the back screw holes? (like overhang?)

I mounted my old 60" (wall mount is Kanto FMX3 good for 90" / 10lbs) but I am not sure if I will be able to mount the TV without moving the wall mount!
My current TV sits roughly 2 inches above my subs so I am wondering if I have to move the mount up should this TV sit lower? I have holes to mount my TV up higher to compensate but I am not sure if it will cut it.

Also, TV came in today......butThey called for me to come get it but when I bought it they said they would deliver it to my house so I have to talk to the manager as he sold me the TV but was not in today
:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussed earlier... I also used an Echogear mount, the M6 X 20 bolts bottomed out in the spacer with ~ 1/8th of an inch gap which worked out just right for the bracket and washer .

This was for 85", assume the spacers are the same for all the sizes.. since the spacer is what attaches to TV, can't screw a mounting bolt in too far to damage inside of TV.

The book actually shows 10-12mm of thread in the spacer, so would think you would need at least a 15mm bolt to account for the bracket and washers.
Thank you and everyone else that replied. Another quick question for you. Do your metal spacers stick out a little bit? Mine are not flush with the back panel (stick out maybe 1/8" to 1/4". Feels weird to me but they feel pretty tight).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, this is true, but what you may not know is squaretrade calls it a 5 year warranty (they will cover what the manufacturer won't cover during the first 3 years, like power surge). So the squaretrade warranty covers everything for 2 years after the 3 year warranty is up.
Well, that's what they call it amongst themselves.... on the site it's called a 3 year warranty. But now see on Costco site the chart that shows overlapping coverages that only go to 5 years...but the terminology under Specifications says "Term: 3 years". The Terms and Conditions linked from the page say nothing about length of coverage, only under Cancellation for TV's that you can cancel in 5 year period.

I'll keep it for the extra coverage, but still think it's misleading as well as BS that a TV with a 1 year manufactures warranty gets the same coverage as one with a 3 year manufacturers warranty when buy the same 3 year extension (since Costco adds a 2nd year coverage if only 1 year).

·
Registered
18 Posts
To chime in here, when I got my set I was notified of a new firmware right away, so my set since having it has pretty much always been on the latest firmware (x90ch). The first wifi incident occurred I think on day 6 of owning the set, just shy of a full week.

Since you've had your set for longer, you never saw the wifi thing happen at all before updating to the latest fw?
That's correct. I had the set for a few weeks before the first firmware update and never had an issue. It started shortly after updating to the current firmware.

I even posted on here asking if it was possible to downgrade the firmware, but it doesn't seem doable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thank you and everyone else that replied. Another quick question for you. Do your metal spacers stick out a little bit? Mine are not flush with the back panel (stick out maybe 1/8" to 1/4". Feels weird to me but they feel pretty tight).
Yes, they were not perfectly flush with the back of the TV. (which doesn't really matter since the back of the TV is just plastic.)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is anyone with a wallmounted 85" able to tell me how much TV there is from the bottom of the back screw holes? (like overhang?)

I mounted my old 60" (wall mount is Kanto FMX3 good for 90" / 10lbs) but I am not sure if I will be able to mount the TV without moving the wall mount!
My current TV sits roughly 2 inches above my subs so I am wondering if I have to move the mount up should this TV sit lower? I have holes to mount my TV up higher to compensate but I am not sure if it will cut it.

Also, TV came in today......butThey called for me to come get it but when I bought it they said they would deliver it to my house so I have to talk to the manager as he sold me the TV but was not in today
:(

It's 6 inches from the bottom VESA holes to the bottom of the TV. The VESA holes are on lower section of TV, not middle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did anyone who ordered from AAFES get their TV yet? I ordered on the 20th and it said it shipped the 21st. When I check the tracking though the progress still just shows "order processed" and isn't even to the "crossdock received" yet.
Took me about 3 weeks to get mine from the Exhange. I also am at a fairly remote base in New Mexico. The updates seemed to come kind of sporadically. It showed it was processing for a while and then suddenly showed up at the next hub.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's 6 inches from the bottom VESA holes to the bottom of the TV. The VESA holes are on lower section of TV, not middle.
Thank you!!
Thank you!!!

I'm pretty sure my current 60" is around the same (10pm kids sleeping, not risking a measuring tape, lol)

I do not think I will have to move my mount!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Short answer is no, you can read about the problem in the below link. Some bias lights (ie Medialight) offer a remote control that can switch the USB power line on/off if the lights are powered from the TV USB port or a wall wart plugged into a 115V wall outlet. Another alternative would be a smart wifi controlled wall outlet with a USB adapter plugged in to power on/off the bias lights.
I didn't want to reply to this until i had come concrete evidence, and although NOT perfect I found out that going into Pro Settings and selecting DENYING plus DO NOT ASK AGAIN to those first settings have indeed made my ambient lighting turn off via usb, although it's not perfect and still turns on every 15 - 30 mins or so for a few second but then it shuts down after a few seconds.
I just figure i'd share

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does the x900h come with any demo videos or anything to show it off?

I’ve just got access to my usual Australian free to air tv channels which are unimpressive and my internet has been screwy lately so I can’t get on YouTube yet and search for 4K videos

5841 - 5860 of 7241 Posts