AVS Forum banner

7081 - 7100 of 8082 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you guy's leave the motion setting to 1 (I think that's the default) in dolby vision? Or put it to off or min? I usually like to keep motion settings off, however, I noticed during some scenes in "Our Planet" on Netflix that it was easier to see the full motion of the birds and other quick moving animals when it was set to the default settings instead of off...

·
Registered
488 Posts
thanks for providing the link for the fw update! Worked perfectly!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Okay, so I just tested it out. I have my Xbox one x plugged into where my series x will go (hdmi 4).... I was able to get dolby atmos truehd from the Alita 4k uhd disk on the Xbox via eARC.... internal sony apps (Netflix, Apple TV, and fandangonow) are only providing atmos via dolby digital plus....

so that begs the question, will any streaming services be offering truehd atmos content?

Reactions: Aggie PT

·
Registered
Just a Budget Audiophile
214 Posts
I don't have an X900H to confirm but the download is legit and lots of users in this reddit thread are reporting success with the manual update from the link.

A user in the above linked reddit thread posted it.

The link is legit, not sure why Sony hasn't posted it on the US or Canadian updates sites yet.

This is the download link for the currently posted 6.0142 firmware on Sony.com (here).

Versus the new download link for the 6.0384 firmware.

All Sony's firmware updates are hosted on tv.update.sony.net. The download is legit but if you want to wait then that is completely your decision.
Much appreciated, trying it now.

Edit,

Worked for me, I see earc and apple tv app on my 900H.

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone. I am an owner of a 75 inch Q80T from samsung. While the picture quality is amazing, i am very bothered by the amount of dirty screen effect it has. It has a lot of visible vertical banding which honestly ruins the viewing experience. I was wondering if Sonys panel fair any better regarding the DSE issue. Honest responses please. How is the screen grey uniformity for the 900H?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone. I am an owner of a 75 inch Q80T from samsung. While the picture quality is amazing, i am very bothered by the amount of dirty screen effect it has. It has a lot of visible vertical banding which honestly ruins the viewing experience. I was wondering if Sonys panel fair any better regarding the DSE issue. Honest responses please. How is the screen grey uniformity for the 900H?
I like to use Rtings.com to compare things like that, if you haven't already check this out. Sony X900H vs Samsung Q80/Q80T QLED Side-by-Side TV Comparison

TLDR Yes the Sony 900H has better gray uniformity.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone else here update to the newest update with 4k 120hz and had any really weird issues with resolution? 4k120 looks very blurry, and when I try and set my computer (rtx 3080 build) back to the 4k60, the top half of the screen flashes very badly. Anyone else had any issues?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anyone else here update to the newest update with 4k 120hz and had any really weird issues with resolution? 4k120 looks very blurry, and when I try and set my computer (rtx 3080 build) back to the 4k60, the top half of the screen flashes very badly. Anyone else had any issues?
Make sure you set color format to RGB or ycbcr444 and dynamic range to full in change resolution. I don't have my TV hooked to PC atm but this should do the trick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay, so I just tested it out. I have my Xbox one x plugged into where my series x will go (hdmi 4).... I was able to get dolby atmos truehd from the Alita 4k uhd disk on the Xbox via eARC.... internal sony apps (Netflix, Apple TV, and fandangonow) are only providing atmos via dolby digital plus....

so that begs the question, will any streaming services be offering truehd atmos content?
No. DD+ is the format that all streaming services uses for Atmos. You can’t get lossless Atmos from streaming services.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Sorry to ask but I want to make sure. So the 5 year warranty is applicable to all 85x900h models, not just ones purchased at Costco or is it just the Costco x90h models?

·
Vendor
27,502 Posts
Every once in a while and you will see a comment about dirty screen effect in here. That is very rare though. Seems like Sony's got that under control.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sorry to ask but I want to make sure. So the 5 year warranty is applicable to all 85x900h models, not just ones purchased at Costco or is it just the Costco x90h models?
Only the X90CH models, only available through Costco or Sam's Club.
EDIT- in Canada, Costco offers the X900H models with one year warranty plus the additional year factory warranty coverage added for 2 years total.
EDIT - there is also a 5yr warranty on Costco UK X9005BU models per the Costco.uk website

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only the 90CH from Costco and sam's club. And you also want to be careful, I bought from Costco (canada) and got the stand x900h (x90h) which I don't think has the 5 year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone else experiencing Apps freezing up with the new firmware?

I’ve had it happen twice over the past couple of days. Once using the internal YouTube app, and then again last night using the Amazon app.

I get a couple minutes into a video/show and then the picture freezes and the audio makes a constant and awful sound. Only way to get out of it is to press and hold the power button on the remote to do a soft reset.

Is it just me? this Had never happened prior to the new firmware being installed, after my TV told me it was available.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My wife and I are having a bit of disagreement about the bezel colour. She wants the silver one (9077), and I feel its just strange not to have a black bezeled tv. :)
I covered my 75's bezel in halh-inch black electrical tape. MUCH better now; the bezel almost disappears.

Reactions: tommyv2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you guy's leave the motion setting to 1 (I think that's the default) in dolby vision? Or put it to off or min? I usually like to keep motion settings off, however, I noticed during some scenes in "Our Planet" on Netflix that it was easier to see the full motion of the birds and other quick moving animals when it was set to the default settings instead of off...
I personally turn off all motion settings on everything I watch. I don't like the idea of adding frames or processing that isn't actually supposed to be there. Just my personal preference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you start having issues with audio drop outs when using the internal apps then set 'Pass through mode' to 'Off'. You'll lose DTS output/passthrough but it'll stop (or at least help with) the audio drop outs.
Experienced this yesterday. Never had issues before the update to the latest firmware. Will try that ASAP, thanks !

7081 - 7100 of 8082 Posts