AVS Forum banner

7121 - 7140 of 11376 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Where do I find the Apple TV app? It’s not in the google play store.
It's delivered with the latest software update. If your TV performed the v6.0384 update, then press the Home button on the remote and scroll left into Apps and you'll find it there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you start having issues with audio drop outs when using the internal apps then set 'Pass through mode' to 'Off'. You'll lose DTS output/passthrough but it'll stop (or at least help with) the audio drop outs.
Unfortenately it will not help with audio drop outs.

I never experienced this before but after the update after some time (maybe 30 minutes) the audio starts to stutter and stop working. Turning off/on the soundbar will help or switching manually between tv-speakers and audio-system.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Anyone else experiencing Apps freezing up with the new firmware?

I’ve had it happen twice over the past couple of days. Once using the internal YouTube app, and then again last night using the Amazon app.

I get a couple minutes into a video/show and then the picture freezes and the audio makes a constant and awful sound. Only way to get out of it is to press and hold the power button on the remote to do a soft reset.

Is it just me? this Had never happened prior to the new firmware being installed, after my TV told me it was available.
Not you, it's happened to me twice also with the new firmware. The apps and the Pluto TV channels became "stuck" after a second of loading. I had to unplug the TV in both instances to get it sorted out.

I'm hard wired so this isn't a WiFi issue

On the plus side at least the motion bug hasn't reappeared!

·
Registered
284 Posts
yup AndroidTV is a pain in the ass sometime. I did a hard reset and now VLC animated logo looks like this

Can't wait for android 11. It should be more stable on cheap hardware, or that's what google said

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hopefully this gets sorted out, also one of the reasons I chose this tv was for 4K 120hz gaming as well through my pc. Hopefully it’s not a cable thing. I have some 8k cable I bought but none are certified.
Can you list the cable models you used?

My current cable is
Monoprice Ultra 8K High Speed HDMI Cable - 6 Feet - Black, 48Gbps, 8K, Dynamic HDR, eARC - DynamicView Series

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

My current cable is
Monoprice Ultra 8K High Speed HDMI Cable - 6 Feet - Black, 48Gbps, 8K, Dynamic HDR, eARC - DynamicView Series
I haven’t tested them yet since I don’t have my 30 series card but these are the ones I bought.

·
Registered
33 Posts

My current cable is
Mine is the:
Zeskit 8K Ultra HD High Speed 48Gpbs HDMI Cable 16ft, 8K60 4K120 144Hz eARC HDR10 4:4:4 HDCP 2.2 & 2.3

I'm also using an RTX 3080.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does it get clear when you drop it down to 4k60?

edit: ninja posted before me
I have to jump through hoops and change to hdmi 2 to get 4k60 back. When I switch in the nvidia control panel, or windows 10 settings, the top half of my screen starts flashing like a strobe light, one color, either my backgrounds dominant color, or bright white! What is going on?!! Lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have to jump through hoops and change to hdmi 2 to get 4k60 back. When I switch in the nvidia control panel, or windows 10 settings, the top half of my screen starts flashing like a strobe light, one color, either my backgrounds dominant color, or bright white! What is going on?!! Lol
If you have a second monitor you can just put 60hz on and accept the setting. While it's doing its interesting strobing you just change another setting (like switching color depth, any setting will do) and accept again. It then works again.

I don't know what to think about this problem. I mean it shouldn't do that if the only issue was the cable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I are having a bit of disagreement about the bezel colour. She wants the silver one (9077), and I feel its just strange not to have a black bezeled tv. :)

Can you give any advice? Would you say the silver bezel makes any difference in watching, especially at night? Is it easy to get used to?

Thanks!
I like the look of the silver frame, and while actually watching the tv it doesn't distract me in the least. Sure, in a lighting situation that isn't completely dark there will be a certain degree of slight glare from it. I don't really see it myself, but if you know that you are easily bothered by that kind of thing you should know that it's there. I provided a couple of pictures of the tv in my typical light condition.

Another benefit from the 77-model is of course the option to place the legs in either a wide or centered position, which might or not be important to
you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you have a second monitor you can just put 60hz on and accept the setting. While it's doing its interesting strobing you just change another setting (like switching color depth, any setting will do) and accept again. It then works again.

I don't know what to think about this problem. I mean it shouldn't do that if the only issue was the cable.
I remain very skeptical the cable is any part of the issue at all, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. I've just never seen insufficient supplied bandwidth manifest as consistent blurriness, very similar to upscaling a non-native resolution, on a digital cable. Macroblocking and signal dropouts sure, but it doesn't sound like any of us are having that. But since we are indeed in a situation where there are still no certified cables (which is ridiculous that it happened... thanks so much hdmi org), it will be an easy thing to continue to blame until said cables exist.

As for the bugs with switching to and from 4k 120hz, I'd put my guess that that's a different bug entirely, but if it isn't happening with the LG CX, it's probably not likely to be originating from Nvidia's or Windows side of things.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I remain very skeptical the cable is any part of the issue at all, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. I've just never seen insufficient supplied bandwidth manifest as consistent blurriness, very similar to upscaling a non-native resolution, on a digital cable. Macroblocking and signal dropouts sure, but it doesn't sound like any of us are having that. But since we are indeed in a situation where there are still no certified cables (which is ridiculous that it happened... thanks so much hdmi org), it will be an easy thing to continue to blame until said cables exist.

As for the bugs with switching to and from 4k 120hz, I'd put my guess that that's a different bug entirely, but if it isn't happening with the LG CX, it's probably not likely to be originating from Nvidia's or Windows side of things.
I like how pretty much all of us are on the same page, with the second monitor trick, that totally works, it's just a pain in the rear. I have a feeling that sony was testing with their PS5's and did not bother to fully test with the nvidia cards. Just a thought, but something like this should have never gotten through to the public.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I like how pretty much all of us are on the same page, with the second monitor trick, that totally works, it's just a pain in the rear. I have a feeling that sony was testing with their PS5's and did not bother to fully test with the nvidia cards. Just a thought, but something like this should have never gotten through to the public.
I was just playing around with the 120hz thing on my 1080 Ti, yes I know it cant do 4K 120hz but was surprised under the PC section in the Nvidia control panel it gives me the option to select it. I'm guessing this is the blurry screen you come up with, because that's what happened when I selected it. If it looks like that then yes its not useable. Mine does support 1080 120hz which seemed to work without issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was just playing around with the 120hz thing on my 1080 Ti, yes I know it cant do 4K 120hz but was surprised under the PC section in the Nvidia control panel it gives me the option to select it. I'm guessing this is the blurry screen you come up with, because that's what happened when I selected it. If it looks like that then yes its not useable. Mine does support 1080 120hz which seemed to work without issue.
4K 120hz 8bit YCbCr 4:2:0 technically fits within HDMI 2.0 bandwidth, so I would presume you have been forced into that heavy color compression. If you are actually able to set it 4:4:4 that would be.... interesting.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
4K 120hz 8bit YCbCr 4:2:0 technically fits within HDMI 2.0 bandwidth, so I would presume you have been forced into that heavy color compression. If you are actually able to set it 4:4:4 that would be.... interesting.
Yea that's what I set it to and it looks like it's acting like a non standard resolution, I'm guessing this is the same thing everyone is getting at 120hz on their 30 series cards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where do I find the Apple TV app? It’s not in the google play store.
when you go into apps from the android TV main menu it'd there at the bottom and you long press on it to select "add to favorites".. or scroll to the end of your apps in the main menu and select "+" sign to add the app there

7121 - 7140 of 11376 Posts