AVS Forum banner

7721 - 7740 of 16924 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
anyone with RTX3080 + update - can you please test for 1440p (since we already know that 4K-120 looks bad):
1. How clear is the text/icons at [email protected]@10-bit ?

2. Could you please directly compare [email protected] vs [email protected] on your TV ?
If its "broken" like 4K, than [email protected] should be blurrier than [email protected] But if not than it should be same IQ for [email protected] vs [email protected]
My 900h comes in tomorrow. Depending on when my mount in a seperate package comes i could have it hooked up to my 3080 by the afternoon.

·
Vendor
28,727 Posts
I have a feeling that this issue could be much bigger than just a few receivers.
The issue was HDMI 2.1 chips produced by Panasonic that had a major flaw in the HDMI 2.1 encoding.
Also Sony has bought these chips, but I dont know if it is only about receivers, but PS5 and TVs as well.
That's what I was thinking, maybe LG TV's even......

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That's not true at all. Sign in with your Apple account and all of your purchases will be there. Be aware, that iTunes extras are not carried over to the app.
That's not true at all. Sign in with your Apple account and all of your purchases will be there. Be aware, that iTunes extras are not carried over to the app.
I did sign in with my Apple account which it recognizes and is confirmed by accepting my Apple ID. When I click on my account (my email) and select "Subscriptions" it returns "You don't have any subscriptions". I do! From that point all I can do is change whether or not the password is always required, never or ( I can't recall the 3rd option). It also shows a blank avatar with my wife's name under it as the family member set up for family sharing. Shows in the long list that are available for which I have subscriptions require I pay to see them rather than as part of my subscrsiption. So unless you know a way to navigate past this I will have to beg to respectively differ with your opinion.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I did sign in with my Apple account which it recognizes and is confirmed by accepting my Apple ID. When I click on my account (my email) and select "Subscriptions" it returns "You don't have any subscriptions". I do! From that point all I can do is change whether or not the password is always required, never or ( I can't recall the 3rd option). It also shows a blank avatar with my wife's name under it as the family member set up for family sharing. Shows in the long list that are available for which I have subscriptions require I pay to see them rather than as part of my subscrsiption. So unless you know a way to navigate past this I will have to beg to respectively differ with your opinion.
3rd party subscriptions aren’t available in the Apple TV app but any iTunes purchases or Apple TV channels are

·
Registered
905 Posts
I can't explain that. All of my movie and TV purchases are there and I'm sure I'm not alone.

In other news with this TV, I watched The Trial of the Chicago 7 tonight via the Netflix app on the TV using ARC. I had several drop outs. They were brief but annoying. I didn't have this problem prior to the new firmware update.

·
Registered
494 Posts
How can I uninstall the Apple TV app that was forced installed? It is taking up precious space of the measily 4GB and I don't have any Crapple devices. Do I need to root my TV?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Alright so after a few days of playing around with this TV and my soundbar I have some issues. I was trying to use bluetooth on my soundbar and it was causing a small delay, like 50ms, enough to bug me so I am now trying to use the 3.5mm jack, but the sound keeps dropping randomly. My TV randomly rebooted several times since I got it, I just did a factory reset to see if that helps. Can anyone help me out with the sound drops? The optical port on my soundbar is burnt out so I'm kinda stuck with 3.5mm.

·
Registered
706 Posts
How can I uninstall the Apple TV app that was forced installed? It is taking up precious space of the measily 4GB and I don't have any Crapple devices. Do I need to root my TV?
What an oddly immature remark for an adult to make.

...you are aware that Apple TV has nothing to do with Apple devices, right? It’s a content platform.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I watched the new Borat movie on Amazon prime laat night and I noticed that it was in HDR. But it was so bland and dark looking. I checked the HDR settings and it was like that video that everyone posts with dimming to max, etc. Brightness said max as well, the HDR sign showed up under picture while it was playing.

I think it would have looked better in non HDR because it probably wouldn't look so dark. Do you guy's think it's because this TV doesn't get that bright?

On the other hand, I watched the dracula show on netflix which has dolby vision and that's a dark show, but it looked great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
After playing around a bit more, it seems to be my soundbar cutting out audio randomly, it comes back on as soon as I change the volume on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm upgrading my 2013 Samsung to a new 4K HDR set for the new games consoles, and have the 65" XH90 coming in a couple of weeks. So it's really disappointing to hear about the problems with the latest firmware update, particularly the 120hz/4K blurriness. How on earth can something that obvious and fundamental make it through testing?

Is it reasonably likely Sony will fix the blurry issue in a future update? I am wondering now whether to cancel my order, though this model is the only one that fits all my needs on paper, particularly the two HDMI2.1-enabled ports. I was thinking about swapping to the Samsung Q80T but that only has one HDMI2.1 input and I need two to plug both the new consoles into, then route the audio by optical to my Yamaha 373 (which doesn't do 4K/HDR etc) so I can get 5.1.

·
Registered
729 Posts
When I saw that AppleTV app in the apps list I was hoping I could switch my AppleTV viewing from my old AppleTV black brick. No such luck. The app is for a new subscription to AppleTV and none of your old purchases or saved links come across. I'm sure Apple is looking for new subs to AppleTV+. They don't give anything away.
I would be a new sub, any chance you could pull the app? Its pretty easy. Just pm please. Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
So I watched the new Borat movie on Amazon prime laat night and I noticed that it was in HDR. But it was so bland and dark looking. I checked the HDR settings and it was like that video that everyone posts with dimming to max, etc. Brightness said max as well, the HDR sign showed up under picture while it was playing.

I think it would have looked better in non HDR because it probably wouldn't look so dark. Do you guy's think it's because this TV doesn't get that bright?
I, too, I, too, watched the new Borat last night. But but my wife was using the X900H, so I watched Borat on my Samsung Tab S4 tablet. Like you, I had to max out the brightness.

·
Registered
857 Posts

On the other hand, I watched the dracula show on netflix which has dolby vision and that's a dark show, but it looked great.
Im pretty sure Amazon HDR/bitrate is just crap compared to Netflix

7721 - 7740 of 16924 Posts