AVS Forum banner

7741 - 7760 of 12086 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
How can I uninstall the Apple TV app that was forced installed? It is taking up precious space of the measily 4GB and I don't have any Crapple devices. Do I need to root my TV?
What an oddly immature remark for an adult to make.

...you are aware that Apple TV has nothing to do with Apple devices, right? It’s a content platform.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I watched the new Borat movie on Amazon prime laat night and I noticed that it was in HDR. But it was so bland and dark looking. I checked the HDR settings and it was like that video that everyone posts with dimming to max, etc. Brightness said max as well, the HDR sign showed up under picture while it was playing.

I think it would have looked better in non HDR because it probably wouldn't look so dark. Do you guy's think it's because this TV doesn't get that bright?

On the other hand, I watched the dracula show on netflix which has dolby vision and that's a dark show, but it looked great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
After playing around a bit more, it seems to be my soundbar cutting out audio randomly, it comes back on as soon as I change the volume on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm upgrading my 2013 Samsung to a new 4K HDR set for the new games consoles, and have the 65" XH90 coming in a couple of weeks. So it's really disappointing to hear about the problems with the latest firmware update, particularly the 120hz/4K blurriness. How on earth can something that obvious and fundamental make it through testing?

Is it reasonably likely Sony will fix the blurry issue in a future update? I am wondering now whether to cancel my order, though this model is the only one that fits all my needs on paper, particularly the two HDMI2.1-enabled ports. I was thinking about swapping to the Samsung Q80T but that only has one HDMI2.1 input and I need two to plug both the new consoles into, then route the audio by optical to my Yamaha 373 (which doesn't do 4K/HDR etc) so I can get 5.1.

·
Registered
702 Posts
When I saw that AppleTV app in the apps list I was hoping I could switch my AppleTV viewing from my old AppleTV black brick. No such luck. The app is for a new subscription to AppleTV and none of your old purchases or saved links come across. I'm sure Apple is looking for new subs to AppleTV+. They don't give anything away.
I would be a new sub, any chance you could pull the app? Its pretty easy. Just pm please. Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
So I watched the new Borat movie on Amazon prime laat night and I noticed that it was in HDR. But it was so bland and dark looking. I checked the HDR settings and it was like that video that everyone posts with dimming to max, etc. Brightness said max as well, the HDR sign showed up under picture while it was playing.

I think it would have looked better in non HDR because it probably wouldn't look so dark. Do you guy's think it's because this TV doesn't get that bright?
I, too, I, too, watched the new Borat last night. But but my wife was using the X900H, so I watched Borat on my Samsung Tab S4 tablet. Like you, I had to max out the brightness.

·
Registered
803 Posts

On the other hand, I watched the dracula show on netflix which has dolby vision and that's a dark show, but it looked great.
Im pretty sure Amazon HDR/bitrate is just crap compared to Netflix

·
Registered
16 Posts
How can I uninstall the Apple TV app that was forced installed? It is taking up precious space of the measily 4GB and I don't have any Crapple devices. Do I need to root my TV?
I'm not sure that you can- like most of the other pre-installed media applications. Apple TV+ is now a pre-installed app going forward, like Netflix. Upon checking however, I noticed that the Apple TV+ app takes up only about 20MB- it really should not be of concern. I did notice there is a feature to clear data as well which should free up some more space for you. Again, 20MB should not be of much concern to you.

Also, Apple TV+ is totally unrelated to any Apple devices, you may be confusing that with AirPlay. Apple TV+ is a media platform, like Netflix, YouTube, or Prime Video.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Alright so after a few days of playing around with this TV and my soundbar I have some issues. I was trying to use bluetooth on my soundbar and it was causing a small delay, like 50ms, enough to bug me so I am now trying to use the 3.5mm jack, but the sound keeps dropping randomly. My TV randomly rebooted several times since I got it, I just did a factory reset to see if that helps. Can anyone help me out with the sound drops? The optical port on my soundbar is burnt out so I'm kinda stuck with 3.5mm.
These are the standard problems of this TV, until Sony fixes them all they will continue to happen.

·
Registered
216 Posts

That's pretty much what all the reviewers on youtube and rtings say about this tv. Poor hdr performance and average black levels. Return it or learn to live with it

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's pretty much what all the reviewers on youtube and rtings say about this tv. Poor hdr performance and average black levels. Return it or learn to live with it
That's just not true, Rtings review says "deep and uniform blacks," "a high native contrast ratio and good uniformity, and the TV can create bright, vivid highlights for HDR," and "can produce bright, saturated highlights thanks to the high peak brightness and wide color gamut."

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's just not true, Rtings review says "deep and uniform blacks," "a high native contrast ratio and good uniformity, and the TV can create bright, vivid highlights for HDR," and "can produce bright, saturated highlights thanks to the high peak brightness and wide color gamut."
Yes, but also lower black levels and poorer hdr performance than anything in its class including the tcl and hisense

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I'm using the TV speakers until I get a new optical audio cable just to be sure. I hope this damn TV can stop randomly crashing and rebooting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Which TV do you have? If it's not this one, could you check out the movie on Amazon prime if you have prime? I still have 2 weeks opportunity to return it. Thank you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For anyone reading these comments, take each with a grain of salt. I see LOTS of people here with "problems" are the same ones who are trying to use the TV as a PC monitor. If you're trying to use this as a a PC monitor, NOTE IT in your comments.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So a couple things from someone with a 3080FE using this HDM 2.1 cable.

Something is broken with PC sleep mode. I turned it off since i would have to walk up to my tv unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in to get a signal if sleep mode kicked in. hopefully they patch this.

Cloning is busted as well no problem extending thow.

1440p 120hz is great. 4k 120hz will push a 3080FE into 72c BRRR mode even on a old game like ffxiv.

When setting up 120hz on a Nvidia 3000 series card use the nvidia control panel and scroll down till you see "PC"
3840x2160. I had to use my second monitor to set this cause my TV would freak out after turning on 120hz mode in the external input settings.

I don't mess with HDR much but its turned on in doom eternal and that runs fine at 4k 120hz??

Still very happy with my TV purchase after picking it up two week after it hit the US market.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Move along... unless you're an owner you have no idea. This TV can get eye squintingly bright. Borat is a crappy dark HDR10 video intended to look like a low grade third world production.

·
Vendor
27,974 Posts
For anyone reading these comments, take each with a grain of salt. I see LOTS of people here with "problems" are the same ones who are trying to use the TV as a PC monitor. If you're trying to use this as a a PC monitor, NOTE IT in your comments.
That's is true, is there no dedicated gaming thread for this TV?

7741 - 7760 of 12086 Posts