AVS Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 16893 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
So a couple things from someone with a 3080FE using this HDM 2.1 cable.

1440p 120hz is great. 4k 120hz will push a 3080FE into 72c BRRR mode even on a old game like ffxiv.

When setting up 120hz on a Nvidia 3000 series card use the nvidia control panel and scroll down till you see "PC"
3840x2160. I had to use my second monitor to set this cause my TV would freak out after turning on 120hz mode in the external input settings.

I don't mess with HDR much but its turned on in doom eternal and that runs fine at 4k 120hz??
hey, since you have RTX 3080 + a good HDMI 2.1 cable - can you clarify some things please:

1) Is 4K-120-4:4:4 (with and without HDR) - blurry/fuzzy for you or not ? put Windows DPI scaling at 100% and then compare the ~sharpness/clarity of desktop icons at 4K-120 vs same at 4K-60 (it should be identical and crystal clear, but it may not be with Sony implementation)
2) How does [email protected]@4:4:4 look - better than [email protected] ? Does it have any unusual fuzziness on desktop text/icons ? Or everything is good and sharp ?
3) Same as the first but for 1440p - can you compare [email protected] vs [email protected] and see if there is a difference in clarity/sharpness for desktop text/icons

Maybe take photos of the desktop icons as you test, if you can.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For everyone!

Go to Settings > Remote Control > RS232 > and change the type to "serial."

TV will reboot and your clicking will be fixed.
Hi,

i dont have this setting on my 75 inch XH90. under „Remote control“ it shows only „Connect via Bluetooth“ where my remote control is connected and „Software update“ so there is no point „RS232“. Do you have any idea?

·
Registered
20 Posts
For anyone reading these comments, take each with a grain of salt. I see LOTS of people here with "problems" are the same ones who are trying to use the TV as a PC monitor. If you're trying to use this as a a PC monitor, NOTE IT in your comments.
There is no difference between using this as a monitor or not. You are just more likely to notice defect in the panel because you sit closer. I'm pretty sure 4k120 will look like crap no matter the source.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I guess I am in the minority here as even with the update manually applied last week I still have a perfect set functioning without any issues. Granted I have a simple setup as everything is being plugged into my Denon X4500h receiver and then into the Sony via HDMI3.

edit: knock on wood
Same here. Updates. No issues.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I ended up turning up the color while watching a few 4K UHDs this week, this after having sat through THE KARATE KID and wondered why it looked so washed out.

I turned the color up to 62 from 52 which is where most of the settings recommend and what a difference for HDR.

It looks a little too saturated at times for SDR but I think a color boost definitely helps some HDR content, especially the Sony UHD releases I was watching that looked a little limp color wise (GHOSTBUSTERS is another one that looks much better with the color ticked up).

If you think your HDR looks a little bland, def try it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looking to replace my 75” Sony 850D with the 75” 900H. The 850 is an edge kit ips panel, are 32 dimming zones on the 75” 900H enough?

Obviously it will perform better than whatever the 850D is doing but is there a better set at 75” around the same price point?

Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
Borat is a dark movie. I watched the movie via the Apple TV and watched a few scenes with the internal Amazon app. Both were dark. Nothing is wrong with this TV.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey everyone,

Hi, New X900H owner here.

I have had the 55X900H for about a week now and just discovered an issue...

The input button and the settings button on the remote control stopped working this morning.

When I press the (input button) on the remote control nothing happens.

I can no longer change inputs between different HDMI's 3, 4 etc.

Also, when I press the (settings button) the on screen menu doesn't respond.

I changed the batteries on the remote control but it didn't help.

Plus, all the other buttons on the remote respond, just not the (Inputs and settings) buttons

Does any one have a fix for this?

Do I need to reboot the TV? If so, how?

Thank in advance for your help.

·
Registered
314 Posts
tough to take that guy seriously when he claims lcd has better on than oled...
Anyone linking anything from Quantum should be completely disregarded imo.
I could have used a bunch of other sites, but this one was typical. The real issue is that with all of sonys knowledge, engineering , and manufacturing experience, is why is this tv always rated at the middle or the bottom of the pack when tested against its competition. Here's to hoping that they get their act together in 2021

·
Registered
719 Posts
Makes sense then. I was just wondering if it was just me or everyone else too. I've tried "Our Planet" on Netflix which was great. The dracula show as I had said previously. Also Lion King on Disney plus was good.
Our Planet on Netflix is pretty good. On 4K UHD disc, it's out of this world good.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I could have used a bunch of other sites, but this one was typical. The real issue is that with all of sonys knowledge, engineering , and manufacturing experience, is why is this tv always rated at the middle or the bottom of the pack when tested against its competition. Here's to hoping that they get their act together in 2021
Sony used as much existing tech and parts, added a few new PS5-ready features, and made a TV for the masses. This TV was right on the mark. It wasn't meant to be high-end because Sony has TVs in that segment. It was meant to be good enough for most. Apple does the exact same thing with iPhones, iPads, and Mac-products.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sony used as much existing tech and parts, added a few new PS5-ready features, and made a TV for the masses. This TV was right on the mark. It wasn't meant to be high-end because Sony has TVs in that segment. It was meant to be good enough for most. Apple does the exact same thing with iPhones, iPads, and Mac-products.
Which I guess is why they are number 5 in the market. Pretty sad, when they used to always be the best.

·
Registered
632 Posts
so my question still stands, are 32 dimming zones enough on the 75”?

7761 - 7780 of 16893 Posts