AVS Forum banner

7781 - 7800 of 16708 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Did you watch the video I posted or look at any of the other ratings on youtube. I don't think its enough, but I'm just an average guy on the internet
Yeah I watched the video, he was talking about 5 other tv's, and complaining about OLED hdmi bandwidth. There aren't many reviews for the 75" model.

·
Registered
494 Posts
What an oddly immature remark for an adult to make.

...you are aware that Apple TV has nothing to do with Apple devices, right? It’s a content platform.
I am aware. But it's my right to be able to uninstall any app from my own TV. They have the uninstall option locked. I will look into rooting the TV to remove it and a few other apps. I've rooted my phone before to remove bloatware.

For anyone reading these comments, take each with a grain of salt. I see LOTS of people here with "problems" are the same ones who are trying to use the TV as a PC monitor. If you're trying to use this as a a PC monitor, NOTE IT in your comments.
Agreed. At my work, I've seen some guys use 40"+ TV's as monitors. Even have friends too cheap to buy a good monitor and use a super cheap TV for the task. Personally the picture looks bad to me, versus using a good computer monitor designed for the task. Most TV's don't allow non-standard broadcast resolutions like 1440p. They support 480/720/1080/4k only. Another problem using a super huge TV screen as a monitor, is pixel density becomes much less. Making text and objects fuzzy if using it up close.

·
Registered
165 Posts
That's pretty much what all the reviewers on youtube and rtings say about this tv. Poor hdr performance and average black levels. Return it or learn to live with it
It may just be borat. The hdr on my tv is amazing and the brightness is good enough. Watched 300 in 4k hdr and was blown away by the picture. I remember a similar situation happened with the Mandolorian on Disney plus. In hdr is was very dark but in SDR it was fine. Pretty sure it was not graded in HDR and was added in post which made the picture darker. I went through two TCL 635 panels before I got the x900h. I can tell you yes , the TCL is much brighter and alittle more saturated but the Sony picture processing is on a whole other level compared to the TCL. The picture on the 635 was terrible, I had very bad blooming, color banding, DSE (on both panels) , poor upscaling, and terrible very angles. The Sony has a more natural look and is less bright but beats the TCL in every other category.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sony used as much existing tech and parts, added a few new PS5-ready features, and made a TV for the masses. This TV was right on the mark. It wasn't meant to be high-end because Sony has TVs in that segment. It was meant to be good enough for most. Apple does the exact same thing with iPhones, iPads, and Mac-products.
Agree... yes, it still cost a bit, but is still $1000+ cheaper than the top of line TV's. I understood that when I purchased and am currently happy with it. Hopefully Sony will release another firmware update soon to address the issues some people are having, then will be back to mostly good comments. Funny how the opinions sway back and forth within days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did the firmware update. I have a 1660 super hooked up to my x900h (while I wait for a 3080) but I cant seem to be able to get it into the 120hz mode, there is only the 60hz mode available. Any ideas why?

p.s I have the cable matters hdmi cables that supports up to 8k and 4k 120hz

·
Registered
165 Posts
I know I already said this in my previous post but God damn...300 in 4k HDR looked unbelievable on this tv last night. Highly recommended as reference material to show off this tv. This tv continues to impress me. Glad I made the switch. Any body else have any “reference material” recommendations

·
Registered
494 Posts
I could have used a bunch of other sites, but this one was typical. The real issue is that with all of sonys knowledge, engineering , and manufacturing experience, is why is this tv always rated at the middle or the bottom of the pack when tested against its competition. Here's to hoping that they get their act together in 2021
I would not place this TV in the low end bracket, and really not in middle either. It is just a notch below the x950h. I demoed the x950h and x900h side-by-side in a controlled dimly lit show room. Matched the settings on both, and they were so identical to each other, you couldn't tell a difference in quality. X950h is only slightly better. The Samsung's I demoed had nasty DSE. Sony has a lower end model for half that price, which is the low end series. The X900h is great for the price. I have no issues with HDR. I measured 600-700nits with my X-Rite i1 Display Pro. This is plenty bright, for me and lights up my living room at night.

Reactions: Aggie PT

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to check usage hours on this TV. Just got mine today and want to confirm if it is indeed brand new piece or not. (Lot of retailers cheat about this in my country)

·
Registered
46 Posts
So far I have found no reviews talking bad about X900H image quality. It is just the bugs and that VRR is still missing and considering how long things like wifi have been broken I doubt they will get it fixed ever.

LG has 4K120 and VRR working without problems, but they dont have VA panels: Either IPS with garbage contrast or OLED with burn in.

So basically it is waiting if Sony gets their software fixed or for the next year TV lineup.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
So far I have found no reviews talking bad about X900H image quality. It is just the bugs and that VRR is still missing and considering how long things like wifi have been broken I doubt they will get it fixed ever.

LG has 4K120 and VRR working without problems, but they dont have VA panels: Either IPS with garbage contrast or OLED with burn in.

So basically it is waiting if Sony gets their software fixed or for the next year TV lineup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My (Costco version) TV just powered off and won't power back on. I've unplugged everything multiple times, waited a minute, etc. Nothing. Was playing Xbox One at the time. It updated maybe 3 days ago. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
451 Posts
My (Costco version) TV just powered off and won't power back on. I've unplugged everything multiple times, waited a minute, etc. Nothing. Was playing Xbox One at the time. It updated maybe 3 days ago. Any suggestions?
Guess try leaving unplugged for a while and try...otherwise sounds like a call to Costco is needed.

Reactions: cjvphd

·
Registered
Sony 65x900h, Yam RXV6A, Klipsch RP8000F, RP504C, RP500SA, RP600M, SMSL SU8, MD THXAAA789, SennHD6XX
231 Posts
Paraphrased from the manual:

Try unplugging the set, pressing the power button on the tv (not the remote, but the tv) wait for 2 minutes, and plugging it in. Wait a couple of minutes before trying to turn it on again. (And use the tv to turn it on, not the remote)

A full reset can be done by unplugging the ac cord, waiting 2 minutes, and while holding in the power button on the tv, plug in the power cord.

I know it doesn't seem logical that the power button would have any purpose when the unit is unplugged, but the ps4 has a similar failsafe procedure that you can definitely tell works because it beeps. :p

7781 - 7800 of 16708 Posts