AVS Forum banner

11661 - 11680 of 16708 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably not a whole lot of people who use bluetooth hearing aids...
But assume you are paring the hearing aid with the TV (not just seeing it on list of devices)j.
Does the hearing aid work with other bluetooth devices ?
My hearing aid works perfectly fine on my Asus laptop, on my one plus mobile phone and even at my workplace i can connect my hearing aid to a dell or HP laptop on bluetooth without any issues. I have also gone to electronics store to test out LG Nanocell to see if i could connect it to bluetooth and if i could hear sounds coming directly from the TV when connected and it worked perfectly fine. I also tested samsung TV's but they didn't work.

So i don't know if it's all Sony TV's that has this issue ( i had the same issue on my old sony TV from 2016 before i got my XH90) or if it has to do with the android TV, the lack of full support. I hope this gives you an idea where i am at.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but i'm assuming by your flag your Danish? If so this is their support line:

If i'm wrong about your country you can pick the specific one here for support:

Thanks! I just realized, a few hours ago i did go into that sony eu/dk support thingy, i didn't get an answer, but i think i might get an answer tomorrow, if not i really hope i can reach out to them...

It's just a shame, because i got this TV today and i love it right away, but it's unfortunate that in order for me to make my hearing aid work on the TV, i have to use the TV as an extern monitor for my laptop, meaning using hdmi to connect it from laptop to TV and access bluetooth on my laptop to get it to work.

·
Registered
390 Posts
But my soundbar is only 2.0. So it shouldn't matter if u use pcm or Auto1 or 2 right?
Auto 1/Auto 2: The TV passes-through any compressed audio to your output device. The external audio device will decode the audio for you.

PCM - The TV handles the decoding of compressed audio, and then sends the resulting decoded uncompressed audio to the output device.

I personally prefer the audio source (receiver/soundbar) to process the Audio. But since you have a 2.0 channel set up, you can try all 3 and see which sounds best to you.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Not only that, i've spent a lot of time gaming at 4K60 with the x900h. What's forgotten and not mentioned here is how bad VRR is needed on this TV, and its still months away or in the case of Aussies, still removed from the features page and likely not coming at all. Screen tearing is horrible even with older titles (Nioh etc.)

Are console peeps not getting screen tears?

4K60+HDR+Vsync has been fantastic on this TV - but its not what we got this TV for.
Tearing isnt caused by the TV, it's caused by the source dropping frames. Doesn't matter what TV it is, if the game tears it will tear the same on every TV that doesn't have VRR.
Yes Sony needs to deliver VRR, but the tearing is in no way worse on this TV or any other.
I’m in the exact same boat. I just upgraded my hdmi cable to an 8k that supposedly supports 4K/120 and eARC. My Marantz sr7012 is a few years old, but supposedly there was a firmware update that unlocked eARC support. Since owning, I have never upgraded the firmware, but when I go through the firmware menu update, it claims I am current and up to date.

So either my marantz has not really been updated and had the eARC “unlocked”or the hdmi cable I have that claims to be 8k eARC is not.

With all the issues reported with hdmi 2.1 4K/120, I’m tempted to just forgo it for now and route all the hdmi video and audio through the Marantz. All video and audio formats (ATMOS included) worked fine except the video is limited to 4K/60. But I have not noticed any issue gaming so far with 4K/60.

Or go the Thenaudio shARC route that has been proven to allow older avr’s to do ATMOS via the arc.
I was going to go with the shARC but people were saying if you don't have dual HDMI outputs it takes away your output from the reciever even though you run it to an input. Mine had dual HDMI out but Costco had an open box TSR-7850 that I got to try it out and it's night and day more powerful. So I tried to cancel the order that I placed for the shARC and after almost a month they never would then just shipped it anyway after I opened a case in PayPal. I refused delivery and am still waiting on a refund or update. Not the kind of company I want to deal with. From other people that have had issues it sounds like I won't get the $7 in shipping I was charged either.

Reactions: Zerox_no1

·
Registered
451 Posts
My hearing aid works perfectly fine on my Asus laptop, on my one plus mobile phone and even at my workplace i can connect my hearing aid to a dell or HP laptop on bluetooth without any issues. I have also gone to electronics store to test out LG Nanocell to see if i could connect it to bluetooth and if i could hear sounds coming directly from the TV when connected and it worked perfectly fine. I also tested samsung TV's but they didn't work.

So i don't know if it's all Sony TV's that has this issue ( i had the same issue on my old sony TV from 2016 before i got my XH90) or if it has to do with the android TV, the lack of full support. I hope this gives you an idea where i am at.
Maybe the hearing aids are not supported ? Also assume it's the only sound device you are trying to use bluetooth...know the remote uses bluetooth, but should be able to pair one sound device also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tearing isnt caused by the TV, it's caused by the source dropping frames.
Hmm? Tearing is caused by the display not fast enough to render the frame cycles the GPU is sending, hence being out of sync, in this instance to the TV. So yes the TV here is part of the fault. Its not because of dropped frames or source related. Even 120-144hz displays can still get tearing if no sync technology is present.

Nobody said this TV was worse than others either. The statement was this TV is sorely missing VRR which is part of the features list but has been pushed to the wayside because of the blur issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe the hearing aids are not supported ? Also assume it's the only sound device you are trying to use bluetooth...know the remote uses bluetooth, but should be able to pair one sound device also.

There is no hearing aid thingy on the website you just redirected me to.

The thing is, i can see the hearing aid's name on the bluetooth search bar and even connect to it, but no sounds are coming from the TV, to the hearing aid itself when it's connected to bluetooth. :/

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got my 900 H. This is an amazing TV! Just watched 1917 last night and it is amazing how black the blacks get. I was coming from a Samsung DLP TV. My TV kept saying that it was up-to-date, however on the website the update was available for download onto a USB drive. I took a call to Sony to help me with the update. If anybody has had issues with this, I can run through how to do it. Get yourself a USB drive, put it into your computer and format the USB drive into a FAT32 formate. You must do this first. Once you’ve done this you may download the update from the website onto your desktop. Take the complete zip file and drag it onto the formatted USB drive. Do not uncompress the file. Leave it in the zip format. Turn on your Sony television, be on the menu screen, insert the USB drive into the TV and the update will start. I now have Apple TV with this latest update. This is a wonderful TV. When you compare it to the 9:50 in the store you might think the 950 is so much better, as I’m sure it is. But when I got this 900 at home, You completely forget about the 950 and are blown away by the television. So happy with this purchase!
What is the size/capacity of the USB drive that you used? I tried all morning with 3 different USB thumb drives (all larger than 4GB, all formatted as DOS/FAT properly), and couldn’t get the latest SW update to work on the TV as I kept getting error message that the USB drive would not work as it was more than 4GB in size.

LG CX 65-Sony X900H 65-Sony 7.1 soundbar-PS5 -NINTENDO SWITCH- Roku ultra 2020
145 Posts
Support is saying that this 'update' fixes the 4k 120hz blur bug, and that it is only and will only be fixed for PS5. Which it doesn't fix at least with a 3080.
I spoke to support today and he didn’t sound like a level 1 and he said dec 15-30 maybe your guy meant this update was only for a hotfix for the ps5 and not a stable permament one regardless of source which is maybe coming next month? Idk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Isn't 120 still glitched with the PS5 though?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I spoke to support today and he didn’t sound like a level 1 and he said dec 15-30 maybe your guy meant this update was only for a hotfix for the ps5 and not a stable permament one regardless of source which is maybe coming next month? Idk
Hopefully this is the case. I dont see any change with todays update, It does all of the same things, cant even go back and forth between 60Hz and 120Hz without the screen freaking out with graphic glitches and black screens.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Should I keep this panel or take a chance on an another panel. It’s a 65in model.
I notice some DSE when I’m gaming that has clear bright sky.
Example: Forza horizon and F1 2020
If it bugs you, exchange it.

"Gray uniformity is great, but this may vary between units. The corners are slightly darker but shouldn't be distracting in normal content. There's almost no dirty screen effect at all and uniformity is excellent in dark scenes." - rtings

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it bugs you, exchange it.

"Gray uniformity is great, but this may vary between units. The corners are slightly darker but shouldn't be distracting in normal content. There's almost no dirty screen effect at all and uniformity is excellent in dark scenes." - rtings

Would you say my panel is around average for a 65” X900h? Seems like I need to spend the extra money to get CX to get better uniformity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
O
Small update on 4k/120 blur - with the latest update blur is consistent across all picture modes. Previously game/graphics mode was worse.
This can’t be true. The UI on the PS5 is still clear as day with text and looks fantastic on 4K. I just manually installed the latest firmware (6.0414)

NOW here is what I’ve noticed. On Ori will of wisps, going back and forth on 4K 120 and the super sampled 60fps mode, I can tell a difference with the blur with 120 vs the crispness with the 60fps mode. Before, I couldn’t tell a difference while switching back and forth. That could be 4K vs 6k up scaling. I’m not sure.

I’m ran Warzone at 120fps on Series X and Cold war on the PS5. Both look great including the text. So there is still room for improvement with the way Ori looked. But the first person shooters look great and I’m having fun with both with the 120fps.

My only real issue that has not been fixed is Port 4 will still not have audio under Enhanced For at 4K/120hz unless I restart the TV. Dolby Vision mode works before and after the restart. Port 4 has audio after the restart.

11661 - 11680 of 16708 Posts