AVS Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 4269 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did anyone else update during initial set up take forever? Over an hour and it was at 0%. I finally powered it off. The update was successful because when I checked the settings I was on the latest version. TV just didn't notify me it was finished.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Beautiful! Box looks to be in great condition. Post pics once you have it set up, if you can!

Most definitely will. Will be installed sat morning. I’ve noticed not many people have not posted the picture settings for various picture modes so I will be doing that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
now that these are starting to arrive, has anyone checked off-center viewing angles?

I'm assuming it's similar to the previous X900 (meaning not that great ;)).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did anyone else update during initial set up take forever? Over an hour and it was at 0%. I finally powered it off. The update was successful because when I checked the settings I was on the latest version. TV just didn't notify me it was finished.
My experience was exactly like yours

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has a Ethernet connection and it took about 10 minutes from start to finish...

-M

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Got my 85" setup late last night along with a new Sonos Arc....Haven't really tested anything yet, but was very happy that the TV arrived in perfect condition from Amazon (Pilot Freight). Fits perfect on our TV stand....stay tuned for an amateur review....BTW...This thing is a beast!
Lookin' good. Who gets to sit in that chair? :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got my 85" setup late last night along with a new Sonos Arc....Haven't really tested anything yet, but was very happy that the TV arrived in perfect condition from Amazon (Pilot Freight). Fits perfect on our TV stand....stay tuned for an amateur review....BTW...This thing is a beast!-M
Congrats! I have the same setup with play 1s and a gen2 sub. I highly recommend Trueplay tuning. Was watching The Witcher last night in Dolby Vision.....wow!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe the way this TV updates the firmware is only when it is turned off. It gets queued while the TV is on and detects it, but doesn't start installing until you turn it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats! I have the same setup with play 1s and a gen2 sub. I highly recommend Trueplay tuning. Was watching The Witcher last night in Dolby Vision.....wow!
Same here! Gen 2 Sub with Play 1 surrounds....I did the Trueplay tuning last night but have not really tested it out yet...Really want to hear Dolby Atmos!

-M

·
Registered
371 Posts
:sigh: After watching my 65" tv just sit in the local warehouse for a week because they didn't have any delivery times until today, I broke my cardinal rule. I didn't open it up and check things out before signing off on the delivery and of course.... screen was cracked in numerous areas.

Called the delivery company up, sorry you signed off on it call the store. Call the store and were cool about it, but will take up to 3 business days for delivery company to come pick it up. Then they would send me a new TV once they receive the old one back, I was like no thanks, I'll take a full refund. It would be at least 2 more weeks to get the new TV and I just don't want to wait that long. Yeah yeah.. first world problems. :)

Ordered one from Amazon instead, will be here Monday. So, let's hope that one comes undamaged. I'll never take another delivery without at least doing a quick check inside of the box again.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Looking for some advice... we have a custom built entertainment center, and with the previous 92” Mitsubishi RPTV, the center platform that the TV sat on raised the TV to a perfect viewing height.

The new 85” 900H, however sits much lower on the same platform - couple of inches too low to fit the future Sonos Arc sound bar (we will likely be buying soon) in front of the TV, plus it just would be better viewing wise if it was higher.

We would rather not have to replace the current platform, so I was thinking that there should be some option available that would let the TV be mounted to a VESA compatible tabletop stand that would sit on top of our existing stand. Basically a jumbo size version of lots of computer monitor stands.

I see some on amazon, but they seem to max out at 80”, even though the maximum weight listed is higher than the 900H’s weight. I would consider trying one of them out, but I’m not sure it would raise it high enough.

So, does anyone know of any tabletop stands that would hold an 85” TV (via VESA mount points) at least 6 inches off of the platform it sits on?
Update... I double checked the Sonos Arc dimensions and I was misremembering the height. The actual height is 3.4”, whereas I was remembering it being over 5” high. So, the good news is that the Arc will fit in front of this TV’s legs, without blocking the screen.

Ideally the TV would be higher than it currently is on our custom platform, but it’s “high enough” to be something we will try to see if we can live with it. Chances are we will decide to raise it somehow, down the road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I commented about this earlier but I guess it got lost with the other posts I wanted to know that for the 65 inch x900h if the Sony SU-WL855 wall mount is a good choice or if there are better alternatives also is the Sony wall mount worth the price?

·
Registered
12,770 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seeing some people posting about reflections. I wanted to share how the TV handles reflections in my living room. I see reflections of my blinds, but it's not too noticeable. Overall, happy with the X900h so far. Just waiting for my Vizio Atmos soundbar I bought from Costco (was on sale for $300) to arrive.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regarding the clouding on certain conditions on certain condition according to sony it is normal.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00030311
Evening all,

I received my 65inch set in the UK today and despite reports you can not adjust the feet, so I'm in need of a new 140cm wide table.

On the otherhand, I'm absolutely loving the set and replaces the not so impressive Q90R I sent back last week.

I've just stumbled upon one issue and would like to know if you have encountered similar and if its normal. After shutting down my Playstation 4, the screen shows a large amount of clouding/dse in the middle of the screen momentarilyand then goes to its 'no signal screen saver'.

I dont see this across any other sources only when shutting down the playstation and tv 'adjusts' itself.

I've attached the picture below of what I see for the 5 seconds but I must say the picture makes it much worse.

I would appreciate if anybody at all could please check theirs, thanks.
With regards to the weird white patches on the black screen when switching off the playstation, setting the local dimming from 'off to medium' completely fixed this.

But if someone could still please check with switching off the console with it off to see the difference that would be really helpful.

Not sure if it's just my OCD looking for faults or a normal thing with local dimming being set as off on the ps4.
This is completely normal if Local Dimming is turned off. Are you running the TV with it off? That is not what you want at all. This TV has great local dimming, use it. /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Thanks for easing my mind.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase, gaming responsiveness (input lag) wipes the floor with both my old xe9305 and recent Q90R and it's nice being able to game on the ps classic and retro freak without huge numbers. (45ms+)

The android system is hugely improved and fast. I like the new pop up menu you can customize with various settings, that you would like to get quick access to without needing go deep into the home screen/losing your channel.

Only negatives I can find are that the tv comes smothered in stickers left, right and centre.

The sound isn't what I expected, and lacks presets like 'cinema's and 'sports', so I'll be look for a reasonable soundbar. The motion this year is a funny one, it's not naturally smooth like other Sonys I've owned, and has ALOT of judder with motion as off, I've found it's best to accommodate the custom setting to how you want it as auto wasnt consistent.

I saw someone asked about blooming/banding. Luckily my screen came without any pixel issues, the dimming on 'low' removed all clouding and the guys above eased my mind (thank you!!).

The only niggle/crisis I had today screen wise is a slight dark thumb like shape just off the centre, on the left side that appears during the football going end to end but only if I really look for it and follow. No huge bars from top to bottom, and not that you can see on a normal image, but I think you'll get very faint shades on football.

I would exchange for that reason but it's got 5 years warranty for piece of mind so just going to enjoy it. I've spent years being OCD with these things and no matter what you do, if its gonna fail, it's going to fail. I went through 7 Xe9305s, got the perfect screen and it ended up packing up 2 weeks ago along with sudden sync issues.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
^^^

It is usually recommended to set local dimming to MEDIUM or HIGH. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an issue where motion setting will come on even though they are off. I've noticed the soap opera effect for sdr and dolby vision. I've been able to fix it by toggling motion and cinemotion on/off but it returns. Anybody else notice this???
Yes I am noticing the same thing I believe. I am using a Roku stick on HDMI port 1 in standard picture mode. Its hard to tell at times, due to how clear the image is on this TV. a quick toggle and its gone. A bit annoying, but I will take it as the only possible issue noticed with this set. The screen uniformity and picture are the best that I have ever had on an LCD.

1461 - 1480 of 4269 Posts