AVS Forum banner

16041 - 16060 of 16543 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Is anyone that’s using an AVR with the tv having it show up twice in the inputs list? Thinking this might have something to do with it constantly switching to my blu ray player input on my receiver.
It shows multiple times for me as well (4K player X800, Roku, Arc) but do not have any issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is what I am thinking.
The new sets could be releasing in the time frame of the update but they might not have the features either at launch.
Yeah, however ill-fated those Stop the Fomo videos are, I think at the heart of it, his speculation is partly correct: The PS5 team still hasn't gotten VRR working on the PS5, so the TV engineers team do not want to update the X900H until that happens so that they know it works at least between those 2 devices. And the change on that help website was just knowledge being crossed with engineers telling the support staff that VRR was on hold indefinetely because of that and/or the page confused things and support was sick of people contacting them because they thought VRR was already supposed to be there with the same update that gave them [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is what I am thinking.
The new sets could be releasing in the time frame of the update but they might not have the features either at launch.
I bit the bullet just before xmas to go with my PS5 and have 55" XH9005 on order from uk retailer who did a deal for £824. I was worried prices might drop further after Xmas and CES21 but they are firmly holding at £899 most retailers and out of stock on many. Mine wont even arrive til after 22nd a month since ordering due to Sony supply chain delays. I got excited about X90J but retailer told me they expect 2021 TVs to be delayed as well due to covid/brexit issues so if you are prepared to wait, you may be waiting a while. Plus they're likely to hold higher RRP for a while due to raised demand during lockdowns.

All speculation of course but I decided the XH90 was clearly a superb TV for the price I got and it would likely be 2022 before I would get a 2021 model for similar price.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16,047
Yeah, however ill-fated those Stop the Fomo videos are, I think at the heart of it, his speculation is partly correct: The PS5 team still hasn't gotten VRR working on the PS5, so the TV engineers team do not want to update the X900H until that happens so that they know it works at least between those 2 devices. And the change on that help website was just knowledge being crossed with engineers telling the support staff that VRR was on hold indefinetely because of that and/or the page confused things and support was sick of people contacting them because they thought VRR was already supposed to be there with the same update that gave them [email protected]
A form of VRR is working now with the 900H and the PS5 according to that video.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If it's coming at any point in the future I still don't see why they'd remove it. That support page didn't say VRR and ALLM was an existing feature. It had always said it was coming in a future firmware update. As did the actual features page for the TV. Just doesn't make any sense. Something is going on internally at Sony.
Yeah it is very shady.

It wasn't just the website. But lower level support staff telling people that it wasn't coming, probably reading from a crib sheet from supervisors. If it was a mistake, it would've been found/corrected after the army called in to inquire. But nope, some staff still stuck to the message that it wasn't coming.

Maybe they are already preparing to take the L on the tv with upcoming class action lawsuit and instead focusing on 2021 models first, and the VRR update for 2020 was put "on hold" so they removed it with the intention to work on it after 2021 models were updated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have any issues? I use a harmony remote and whenever I select an activity, it goes to my blu ray player.
No issues here. I actually use the X900H's remote to control everything and it does a decent job. Fortunately for me all my components are Sony (TV, PS4, AVR, UHD bluray player). But if I go to inputs and select either of those 2 HDMI3 options it takes me to the Home screeen of my AVR and I can navigate the menu functions with the TV's remote.

·
Registered
443 Posts
What video? The FOMO one? I didn't watch because everyone is saying he's a waste of time.
Yeah, the FOMO guy was in it, but he wasn't the one with information.
Researched Robert Zohn and he is legit. Millions of times better source than the random internet people who started it all.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Maybe they are already preparing to take the L on the tv with upcoming class action lawsuit and instead focusing on 2021 models first, and the VRR update for 2020 was put "on hold" so they removed it with the intention to work on it after 2021 models were updated.
What Class Action Lawsuit ? It was all just people running their mouths and over reacting. None of it was real.

The clarifications have been issued, this narrative needs to stop.

Some people just want to be mad about something.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is anyone that’s using an AVR with the tv having it show up twice in the inputs list? Thinking this might have something to do with it constantly switching to my blu ray player input on my receiver.

View attachment 3078094
I get repeats of a few of the inputs. Usually one shows the generic HDMI image and the other is based on what is thinks it's plugged into I believe. I just go into the preferences and change it so one of them never shows up and leave the other on auto detect or on. It's definitely weird, but I don't believe it's the source of any issues.

·
Registered
TV: XBR65X900H / PS5
13 Posts
No it doesn't. It has the same MT5895 that's in the new X90J and X95J. Take a look at leaked japanese spec sheet a few pages back.

The new 2021 SOC (which we have in the XH90/X900H. Can perform ALL the features and much much more (Such as AI) but the features such as gradation and AI will be unlocked on different tier TVs.

You are correct though the 950 has more dimming zones and is higher nits, x-wide etc.
Can you link the page where someone leaked this info? I can’t find it, I tried to use the search function.

EDIT: I found it!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is there a way to display what type of audio the TV is outputting? I have a soundbar connected and it displays on the front of the soundbar briefly but I was hoping there was a way to do it on the TV screen like it will for the display information.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've recently experienced the DV Green Flicker (what actually looks like a flash from a frame insertion?) from my Roku Ultra while using the Apple TV+ app watching See. It's not consistent, or even often, but seems random. I'm using a certified cable, so it's not a bandwidth issue. It doesn't even happen on all episodes, so there's no real way to predict or trace it. It's probably something I could live with as seldom as it happens, but if there's a way to stop it, that would be ideal. What's strange is, I haven't seen this from other apps like Netflix or Plex at all. Just in the Apple TV+ so far, so it could be an issue with the app, or the service itself.

I'm not sure this follows any pattern or experience of other users who've encountered the flicker previously, but thought I'd share my experience.

I've not tried anything to "fix" it yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know nobody likes the guy, but I hit him up in DM to see if he can get any response out of the Robert guy who has connections with Sony.
He's not the most reliable, but I don't think too many dislike him (like that one YouTuber who just trashes every TV and swears constantly... THAT GUY people don't like).

Anyone who can help reach the higher ups and the engineering "gods" at Sony will be appreciated, in my opinion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
He's not the most reliable, but I don't think too many dislike him (like that one YouTuber who just trashes every TV and swears constantly... THAT GUY people don't like).

Anyone who can help reach the higher ups and the engineering "gods" at Sony will be appreciated, in my opinion.
Yeah, we have been chatting for a bit, and I am trying to see if he can bring it up to the engineers or Robert to get them to say "still working on it" or "this is as good as it's gonna get."

He has stopped responding as of now though lol. He stated we are better off than Q90T in game mode, which I do somewhat agree.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
85 Posts
x900H has a Wide Color Gamut, & doesn't require dual chip processing with the MT5895. Stop spreading misinformation.
Did i say the x900h needs a dual chip? The x950 does have a WIDER color gamut than the x900h and even provided the Rtings comparison. That's now misinformation? You might want to tell Rtings then.

16041 - 16060 of 16543 Posts