AVS Forum banner

16081 - 16100 of 16541 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Does anyone know if the Sony is going to get the update to Google tv from Android tv? I know the new models are but I keep seeing mention that older Android TV's will be upgraded as well.
It's just speculation. No one knows for sure what will happen. But it would make sense if Android 11 is going to have the Google TV interface on future models, it would be easiest to do so on older models that are also getting Android 11. But again, just guessing....there is no evidence that will be the case.

Reactions: dlbsyst and ReSultZ

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anyone heard about the new Sony streaming service with BD quality image? From what I hear, we won't be able to use it? That seems ridiculous. Am I reading that correctly? Only the XR line will?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone heard about the new Sony streaming service with BD quality image? From what I hear, we won't be able to use it? That seems ridiculous. Am I reading that correctly? Only the XR line will?
From what I make of it, it looks like the 2021 TVs will get access to it first and get an extended free trial of it.

The service will then be available to everyone everywhere as a paid sub like netflix etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know if the Sony is going to get the update to Google tv from Android tv? I know the new models are but I keep seeing mention that older Android TV's will be upgraded as well.
Yes. On the slim chance it doesn't, sideloading the APK already works to replace the launcher with the new "Google TV" branded launcher, but it obviously lacks the Android 11 features until it gets that. But since we HAVE to get Android 11 to get VRR and ALLM, we know we'll get that, too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Amis, pouvez-vous me donner vos paramètres en mode jeu?
Je suis sur Xbox, mais je vois des gens dire qu'il vaut mieux laisser la gradation locale sur moyenne et non sur haute.
Le contraste ? 90 ou 95/100?
ce sont les paramètres qui me posent le plus de problèmes lors de la configuration du HDR sur Xbox.
Je vous remercie

·
Registered
74 Posts
Amis, pouvez-vous me donner vos paramètres en mode jeu?
Je suis sur Xbox, mais je vois des gens dire qu'il vaut mieux laisser la gradation locale sur moyenne et non sur haute.
Le contraste ? 90 ou 95/100?
ce sont les paramètres qui me posent le plus de problèmes lors de la configuration du HDR sur Xbox.
Je vous remercie
je suggère fortement de suivre les paramètres retrouvés dans ce video.

moyen
Contrast : 90

Ps5 ou xbox... la même télévision

·
Registered
19 Posts
je suggère fortement de suivre les paramètres retrouvés dans ce video.

moyen
Contrast : 90

Ps5 ou xbox... la même télévision
Déjà vu la video de Vincent T, Mais le local diming en hight ne devrais pas donner de meilleurs résultat ? C'es une vrai question car pour avoir tester les 2, en Hight cela semble plus brillant, mais avec moins de détails dans les zones lumineuse, par contre en medium cela semble beaucoup moins brillant mais avec plus de détails...
J'aimerais surtout avoir le retour des joueurs, avoir la meilleur expérience HDR en gaming.

yes but they have been removed from the official product specification ... Already seen Vincent T's video, But the local high-speed diming shouldn't give better results? This is a real question because to have tested the 2, in high it seems brighter, but with less details in the bright areas, on the other hand in medium it seems much less bright but with more details ...
I would especially like to have feedback from players, to have the best HDR experience in gaming. logic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vizio's P-Series firmware patch notes are very interesting. Almost makes it sound like HDMI 2.1 requires 4k/120Hz/VRR to work in unison with each other to function properly. Also seems that PC-implementation requires at least a bit of back-end coding to be supported properly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Déjà vu la video de Vincent T, Mais le local diming en hight ne devrais pas donner de meilleurs résultat ? C'es une vrai question car pour avoir tester les 2, en Hight cela semble plus brillant, mais avec moins de détails dans les zones lumineuse, par contre en medium cela semble beaucoup moins brillant mais avec plus de détails...
J'aimerais surtout avoir le retour des joueurs, avoir la meilleur expérience HDR en gaming.

yes but they have been removed from the official product specification ... Already seen Vincent T's video, But the local high-speed diming shouldn't give better results? This is a real question because to have tested the 2, in high it seems brighter, but with less details in the bright areas, on the other hand in medium it seems much less bright but with more details ...
I would especially like to have feedback from players, to have the best HDR experience in gaming. logic.
Moi perso j’ai suivi les recommandations de ce gars là

·
Registered
74 Posts

Je trouve que la qualité de l’image est mieux avec le local dimming à moyen. La même remarque que toi, les détails dans les espaces éclairés sont plus détaillés. Quand j’essaye avec local dimming à High, le contrast est améliorer dans certaines scenes mais je pert des détails dans les endroits éclairés. Honnêtement, je retombe toujours avec les paramètres mentionnés dans le vidéo.

Cela dit, ça peut varier selon le jeu...

il n’y a rien de parfait.

·
Registered
137 Posts
From what I make of it, it looks like the 2021 TVs will get access to it first and get an extended free trial of it.

The service will then be available to everyone everywhere as a paid sub like netflix etc.
I heard it's only for Sony Bravia TVs though. As a way to make people want to buy their TVs. But I definitely hope it expands to all Sony Bravia TVs if the content is good! :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I heard it's only for Sony Bravia TVs though. As a way to make people want to buy their TVs. But I definitely hope it expands to all Sony Bravia TVs if the content is good! :)
With the market shifting from physical media to digital media, Sony as a part of content creator ecosystem with Sony Studio would be able to make more money if they extend the streaming service to most if not all existing customers if all it needs is just a software update.

·
Registered
12,972 Posts
It is only for 2021 Sony TVs. So obviously Sony don't see have any desire to sell streaming service but rather sell more TVs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone here have a soundbar connected via eARC to this TV and NOT have issues with audio dropout (with internal apps)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Again on a lighter note. You have to watch my shared video here on google to see, but this tv and a $26 sound sensitive backlight makes me thankful any recreational drug days are behind me. This would be.. a lot! (My bias lighting happens to be sound sensitive and rgb)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone here have a soundbar connected via eARC to this TV and NOT have issues with audio dropout (with internal apps)?
Unfortunatelly everybody got the same issue.
There is things to do in order to reduce the occurrence of the issue.

Here is what i did which is working well.
Set hdmi 3 in Standard mode instead of enhanced. (if you don't have devices connected to the sound bar it should be ok)
Enable EARC (Auto mode)
Passthrough to Auto

With those settings, i managed to watch entire movies almost all time, disney+ give me more issues (cutting every 30 et 60 min) than netflix, prime or youtube (which cut very less).

·
Registered
201 Posts
It depends on your needs. I bought mine on Black Friday. I still would say it's worth full price, but if you your need for a new TV isn't urgent enough for you to buy it now and you are considering waiting until mid-year, it might be better to wait at this point. Heavy discounts for many 2020 models - not just the Sony's - are just around the corner or you can see what the critical/online response is for the 2021's.
I bit the bullet and got my 55" X900H today . The reason I did it because I doubt that it is worth it for me to wait longer and probably pay more for the X90J later. After doing some more research I found that I don't really like smooth motion and prefer cinematic motion blur more, then the banding is not really an issue with the TV since it is actually from the content. Now that VRR and ALLM is still on the table, 4K 120hz is not really my priority right now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bit the bullet and got my 55" X900H today . The reason I did it because I doubt that it is worth it for me to wait longer and probably pay more for the X90J later. After doing some more research I found that I don't really like smooth motion and prefer cinematic motion blur more, then the banding is not really an issue with the TV since it is actually from the content. Now that VRR and ALLM is still on the table, 4K 120hz is not really my priority right now.
Fantastic! I hope you enjoy it.

It's worth mentioning that I think 99% of us all really love this TV. There is a lot of negative stuff said about the TV due to the HDMI 2.1 implementation and upset people who just want to trash the TV as a whole instead of concentrating on what is actually currently wrong but the audio dropouts will be fixed, we will be getting VRR as you mentioned and it is likely (but not certain) 4K120 will be revised and fixed too.

Putting the HDMI 2.1 aside, it's an absolutely stonking bit of kit, colours are fantastic, HDR in my opinion looks utterly gorgeous and even 1080p content looks incredibly crisp. Also the ability to sideload apps and tinker with Android it's an absolute gem of a TV. We will get updates for it for many years from SONY which can't be said of other manufacturers too.

I've seen someone now install Retroarch on their Xh90/x900h....and I may have to do the same!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I received my replacement 65" X90H from Costco on the weekend. It replaced a model that was displaying a green pixel in the middle of the screen after about 45 minutes of usage. Very happy with the set now. I use ARC connecting to an older Yamaha 5.1 receiver and do not experience any audio drop outs.

The only issue I'm trying to work though now with various setting is an audio delay while using the PS5. Anyone have any tips in this regard? Thanks.

I was experiencing an audio delay issue with Prime, but disabling Audio Sync resolved that. I wonder if this is the cause of my issues with the PS5.

16081 - 16100 of 16541 Posts