AVS Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 4387 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can owner's comment about the upscaling on this TV? How does cable TV look? I know Sony's are historically great at upscaling, but I'm curious about this new X1 chip.

Direct TV looks great on this set. Much better then my Vizio Quantum PX. I think the Vizio does HDR better as it is much brighter and has better blacks, but Sony has the Vizio beat when it comes to watching Direct TV.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Which model of DirecTV box?
It might be that as a part of setup the HDMI Signal format setting got switched to Enhanced try changing it to Standard.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xbr-65x800h/articles/00028375
No sound from the TV when a source device is connected with an HDMI cable

I cannot get any sound out of my soundbar. TV speakers work on all inputs. I have a samsung sound bar connected via HDMI to HDMI 3. Change the audio output to the external speaker option and no sound plays on the sound bar. Tried both direct tv and the apps on the TV set. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

·
Registered
126 Posts
over-the-air upscaling

Can owner's comment about the upscaling on this TV? How does cable TV look? I know Sony's are historically great at upscaling, but I'm curious about this new X1 chip.
I don't know about cable. But for over-the-air broadcasts, upscaling on my 75-inch 900H is terrific.
Since the broadcasting spectrum is limited, only a main channel---say, channel 26-1--can broadcast in HD (1920 x 1080i); the substations---channels 26-2, 26-3, and 26-4--are limited to standard definition (480i).
Well, my wife and I were watching a documentary on one of the local public TV substations: Channel 26-4. The image looked so detailed, I wondered whether I was wrong about substations and HD. So I pressed the Display button. The Sony display reported ... 480i!
I should note that I had cranked up the sharpness setting from its default of, I think, 70, to 80. That undoubtedly contributed to the detail...or, at least, to the perceived detail. At times, the details--especially grass--looked somewhat oversharpened. But man, was it worth it!

·
Registered
435 Posts
which batter X900H VS X950H

i know X900H has HDMI 2.1 Support 4K 120Hz
but X950H don't have HDMI 2.1 Support 4K 120Hz

which i choose model X900H VS X950H
hard compare

·
Registered
614 Posts
Try rebooting the TV.
Try different HDMI cables.
All my devices go through the Yamaha TSR-7850 AVR and only 1 HDMI to port 3. Every other device (4K BR, PS, DVD changer, cable box, and AVR) al work perfectly. I’ve swapped out the HDMI from the Roku to the AVR. The AVR to TV HDMI cable isn’t the problem. Befuddling. All are Ultra-high speed cert cables.

Literally worked yesterday and not today. Has to be some issue with the Roku box.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,612
All my devices go through the Yamaha TSR-7850 AVR and only 1 HDMI to port 3. Every other device (4K BR, PS, DVD changer, cable box, and AVR) al work perfectly. I’ve swapped out the HDMI from the Roku to the AVR. The AVR to TV HDMI cable isn’t the problem. Befuddling. All are Ultra-high speed cert cables.

Literally worked yesterday and not today. Has to be some issue with the Roku box.
When it happens what does rebooting the TV do?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Anyone having screen blinking issues with Roku Ultra box? If so, what’s the fix?
Not sure about the H models, but the E/F/G models require you to set the connected HDMI port to "Enhanced" mode for anything beyond 4K/HDR @ 30p. Did you make sure to check this out? I think on the home menu it's Settings > Watching TV > External Inputs > HDMI Signal Format, then make sure the port is set to "Enhanced."

Reactions: ReSultZ

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just want to chime in. After two weeks I’ve noticed the motion flow periodically enables itself for no reason when turning on the TV, like others have mentioned. Hopefully a firmware update fixes this. Otherwise the tv is amazing. Just awesome. Wish Harmony would hurry and update their compatibility to accommodate this model, which only kinda works at the moment.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Not sure about the H models, but the E/F/G models require you to set the connected HDMI port to "Enhanced" mode for anything beyond 4K/HDR @ 30p. Did you make sure to check this out? I think on the home menu it's Settings > Watching TV > External Inputs > HDMI Signal Format, then make sure the port is set to "Enhanced."
I’d done this originallly when set up, which is why it worked. After completely reconnecting my entire home theater set up and going through all the reboots and resets of the Roku, AVR, and 900H, it finally works. Everything fully recognized throughout the HDCP 2.2 chain.

I checked the TV and it’s it was back off Enhanced. Not sure how, but it was. I only use port 3 on the TV. No other connections. We were simply moving from Watch TV to Watch Roku on the Harmony. The Harmony shouldn’t be doing any commands like this so I’ll keep an eye out on it.

Love this TV though. Bet it ends up being in the running for tops of 2020.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This TV is Godlike - I have the 75 inch, just amazing picture and that’s without any calibration. Aesthetics are also great, bezel looks smooth/remote has a nice feel. interface is snappy/smooth and responsive - built in apps are also good, don’t even need an Apple TV or roku really with how well YouTube, Prime, etc, work and using stuff like VLC the media server streaming is also good. Pretty damn happy all around, def exceeded expectations and credit to the early adopters in this thread who helped the rest of us pull the trigger before any 3rd party reviews were up

I was in the boat of waiting between this or the new Vizio and got tired of waiting, def no regrets as others have said this set is amazing.

If your on the fence pull the trigger my friends, you won’t regret it. Really my only regret is not getting the 85 inch, it’s not practical for my current seating distance but man cant even imagine this set at that size

1601 - 1620 of 4387 Posts