AVS Forum banner

19501 - 19521 of 20202 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Read through this thread. ACTUAL owners of both PS5 and this TV have no 4K/120 issues it works with this combo as advertised.
Waiting on VRR and some having audio dropouts is a issue though.
This is just not true. It absolutely is not displaying [email protected] as advertised, it’s a downscaled resolution.

It IS less apparent on a PS5/XSX than PC, and many likely won’t notice, but it is not displaying the true 4K resolution.

This is a measurable, objective fact. Why you keep suggesting otherwise is bewildering.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Read through this thread. ACTUAL owners of both PS5 and this TV have no 4K/120 issues it works with this combo as advertised.
Waiting on VRR and some having audio dropouts is a issue though.
Will you quit repeating this nonsense? They do have the issues. Most PS5 gamers aren't aware of the issue because your precious PS5 you love so much literally isn't rendering at native 4K most of the time. We already explained why owners of the relatively weak in GPU processing power PS5 owners have trouble seeing it. You've conveniently ignored every single argument about that. You literally cut that out of all replies. You try to play PR and selectively respond to this issue pretending nobody is pointing out why things are this way.

If only the PS5 gives 120hz than Sony is criminally sandbagging competition on this TV.

Dude. I know straight up you have a connection to Sony sales in some way because you admitted your connection with Robert Zohn. This does not make you an expert and it makes you a biased party. You haven't provided a single argument refuting the objective measurements, you just repeat Sony's marketing slogans. Claiming it must be there because Sony said so is not an argument. Get real, man.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,503 ·
This is just not true. It absolutely is not displaying [email protected] as advertised, it’s a downscaled resolution.

It IS less apparent on a PS5/XSX than PC, and many likely won’t notice, but it is not displaying the true 4K resolution.

This is a measurable, objective fact. Why you keep suggesting otherwise is bewildering.
It is a issue with PC.
It is advertised to work with PS5 and it does,
Actual pics have been posted in this thread showing this to be the case.

Zero proof has been shown of actual PS5 tests SHOWING otherwise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is a issue with PC.

4k is 3840 x 2160 . Period. PS5 outputs 3840 x 1080 @ 120Hz. Fact.

So, no, PS5 does not work with 4k120 on X900H.

Sorry bro, you're wrong.

·
Registered
336 Posts
It is a issue with PC.

Because the games aren't rendering at NATIVE 4K. How many times do people have to tell you? No **** it's an issue on the PC, the PC often has little problem rendering at native 4K. Regardless if this is true Sony has illegally implemented something to hamper competition. Not like they could. HDMI doesn't work that way.

It's hard to show it on PS5 because the PS5 is kinda weak and doesn't render many games natively at 4K. Stop ignoring people saying that. Man.
This guy... The reason ReSuLtZ doesn't discuss resolution technicals and the nitty gritty and stuff is because he literally does not have the technical prowess to know what any of this stuff means.. he thinks it looks fine to him, and hey, Sony says it is fine, therefore it must be. Ridiculous.

Dude, asserting your position over and over again is not an argument. You have gone not any more in-depth about this than Sony's marketing. Because you don't understand any of this. The issue is solely on the TV's end and the input device would have no bearing on TV resolution, haha. So silly to assert otherwise, it demonstrates a complete lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Arguing whether the 4K120Hz issue is noticeable or not is fine. Some people clearly don't notice or care about a promised featured not working as advertised.

However, pretending it's a PC issue is being aggressively ignorant at this point.

Just add the user to the ignore list and move on.
You can't add the particular user to the ignore list because they started this thread. If you ignore them, the entire thread will be hidden.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can't add the particular user to the ignore list because they started this thread. If you ignore them, the entire thread will be hidden.
They could move the discussion to the GAMING thread which was created specifically to discuss this issue. But nobody is arguing with anyone in that thread, so it doesn't get the "attention" they seek. Seems like people only want to complain about it where people disagree with them, or simply don't care... because hey, that'll solve it!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Well tech support is usually pretty useless for technical questions despite 'tech' in their name. But did you really think it was an issue that required tech support ?

I'm an electronic technician... deal with hundreds of pieces of equipment that 'click' when powered on or off. Power relays are very common in electronic equipment when need to use a low voltage (5-24 volts) to apply a higher voltage 120+ volts. Relays are also used to activate switches, fans, lights, etc. Yes, it is possible to use solid state devices to apply power that are not mechanical so don't 'click', but relays are generally the cheaper and simpler way to do these things.

So again, it's a normal sound...nothing to worry about.
I wanted them to tell my why it doesn't happen on all X900H televisions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Am I the only gamer that doesn't have a problem with this set?
I game on consoles and PC, and as far as PC goes, I used to swear by fast response times, 1440p 144hz and Gsync. But after gaming on this set, everything just looks so much better that I would have a hard time going back to those kind of IPS monitors.
I dunno, maybe I'm getting old, lol.

Reactions: dlbsyst

·
Registered
125 Posts
Am I the only gamer that doesn't have a problem with this set?
I game on consoles and PC, and as far as PC goes, I used to swear by fast response times, 1440p 144hz and Gsync. But after gaming on this set, everything just looks so much better that I would have a hard time going back to those kind of IPS monitors.
I dunno, maybe I'm getting old, lol.
I don't care either. It doesn't make a difference for 99 percent of gamers and near 100 percent of console players. Only pro competitive pc fps players. It's all about "future proofing". They didn't receive what they said were going to get by sony so even though they don't need it, they are still going to get upset.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19,514 ·

Sorry bro, you're wrong.
Link SHOWING this?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Can someone explain to me how they know [email protected] vertical resolution is being downscaled to 1080p then back to 2060p. I am not taking any side in the 4k120hz debate, would just like to know how the difference in opinion came about.:)
Vincent Teoh showed this in tests, and a 2021 Panasonic TV using the same processor has the same issue.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Sorry bro, you're wrong.
All 4k120 devices are outputting 3840*2160 to the TV, it's the TV which halves the vertical resolution to 1080. There's a good amount of evidence suggesting it's a processor limitation. That means all are affected by this. No device is free from this issue.

·
Registered
189 Posts
So from the blur camp from what I can gather, the 4k120hz is reduced to 1080 vertical pixels then back to 2060 vertical pixels, is the bandwidth of the signal also being reduced?
Well from Vincent Teoh's tests the HDMI 2.1 ports are operating at the full 48 Gb/s bandwidth so the TV can accept a full bandwidth signal. If he detected a reduction in bandwidth, well that would explain everything. Most would assume the issue would be fixed when Sony unlocks the full bandwidth of those ports, if that was the case. But that isn't the case and something else in the pipeline is causing the reduction in vertical resolution. All the evidence we have suggests some kind of processor limitation. We don't know if is a hardware or software issue which is the most frustrating part. It could be a case of Mediatek being slow with their microcode/firmware roll outs due to covid, so all we need to wait for is those updates. But then we've seen the X90J operate perfectly at 4k120 despite having the same processor, although it does have a secondary co-processor, which then leads to the questions of it being a hardware issue which requires a secondary processor to alleviate.

19501 - 19521 of 20202 Posts