AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am married and have to watch a few things with the wife to keep her happy.... (girls behaving badly?...)

Anyway, the reason for the post. The Oxygen channel seems to be displaying an unusual format on my cable system. It seems like the image is shrunk down to show the full 4x3 image with a banner on the bottom. On the 16x9 TV, it is clearly evident, and on the 4x3 it just barely shows the black on the sides. The PQ is relatively clean and clear too [EDIT another viewing showed a much blurrier signal].

Are they sending out an SD digital signal out to affiliates or just shrinking the picture down to always show the banner on the bottom? I don't think they are going HD, but it is unusual for a channel to show the edges of the picture during programming unless upconverting like ABC.

just curious

vegggas

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well this cable post got moved over to the DBS sat section by somebody.

Oh well.

Anyway, I looked into the channel and wound up emailing the network and voicing my opinion about the permanent black bar causing burn in on televisions. Looks like no sign of a different format or possible digital upconvert.

vegggas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.