AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my LG b6 or is this show extremely dark?

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
Looked great on my 4K Roku TV especially the daytime outdoor scenes. Not "soft shot" like some series are. Last night I watched the first episode then the second then the third..... it's that good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just finished the 1st Season and the only thing that really bugged me were all the red flashes from my Roku Ultra.

I also didn't realize Jason Bateman could actually act.

David

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Been watching a few episodes. Not nearly as tight as BB. They killed some guy and threw him out of a balcony in the middle of the day on a main street and went back inside like nothing happened. No onlookers. No 911 calls. No police. Guy went to bank and withdrew million of dollars in front of federal agents. Then drove to another state with the money in the car. No federal agents following them and the money. I know it's a TV show, but this is lazy writing. Left the money in the motel and only to have some of it stolen. It's nowhere near BB level of tightness, suspense, and story telling.

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
Been watching a few episodes. Not nearly as tight as BB. They killed some guy and threw him out of a balcony in the middle of the day on a main street and went back inside like nothing happened. No onlookers. No 911 calls. No police. Guy went to bank and withdrew million of dollars in front of federal agents. Then drove to another state with the money in the car. No federal agents following them and the money. I know it's a TV show, but this is lazy writing. Left the money in the motel and only to have some of it stolen. It's nowhere near BB level of tightness, suspense, and story telling.
Yes there were onlookers, there were all over the street and some where on the phone. We assume they were calling the police. Who went back inside? He left in his car to get away from the scene. The other scene was already in the apartment upstairs.

Why would the federal agents follow him? They know where he is, he said he was investing his money, and he did. He IS allowed to take his money out, just happens to be a lot of it and he proved his point he just wanted his money.

·
UHD Addict
37,978 Posts
I finished episode 5 last night and am enjoying it. I only wish it was in HDR.

Reactions: gwsat

·
Registered
202 Posts
well the 1st episode is certainly a quick grab...unlike other series which take a few episodes to get your interest - only thru the 1st, but liking it so far. It does have a bluish overtone to the picture as commented earlier -

·
Registered
28,733 Posts
Watched 5 episodes each night for the last two evenings. Good show. There were some surprising events I didnt expect. It'll be interesting where they go with this for the next season.

Not quite Breaking Bad quality but good nonetheless.

·
Registered
21,209 Posts
I have watched the first four episodes and think that Ozark is pretty good so far. Although it seems to me to be a fairly obvious knockoff of Breaking Bad, there has been just enough originality in it to keep me onboard. I plan on watching the rest of the season.

·
Registered
890 Posts
USA Today review says "seems to be shot through a blue-and-gray filter" So, not your TV.
Thanks for spotting this. I had just bought a new 40" Sammy for the bedroom and thought I would have to do some more picture adjustments. LOL

Not a bad series. "BB Lite" has plenty of room for even better scriptwriting though.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I'm surprised no one talked about the weird aspect ratio for this show. It seemed to be around 18 or 19:9. It's perfect for this year's Samsung and LG smartphones.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
I'm surprised no one talked about the weird aspect ratio for this show. It seemed to be around 18 or 19:9. It's perfect for this year's Samsung and LG smartphones.
2:1? They've been using that aspect ratio on a number of series. It's been around awhile. George Lucas used if for "THX 1138".

·
UHD Addict
37,978 Posts
I was reading an article about Ozark and I see they shot everything at a 4400 Kelvin color temp. Which is what gave it the cooler grayish/blueish palette without using any filters.

I finished watching it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reactions: JoeTiVo

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just finished the 1st Season and the only thing that really bugged me were all the red flashes from my Roku Ultra.

I also didn't realize Jason Bateman could actually act.

David
What is the official word from Roku on red flashes? I was thinking about getting Ultra and give my Roku 3 to my dad but if this is not fixed I may have to think of another solution.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not sure what the official word is, but my Ultra recently updated to most recent firmware, and I'm still seeing red flashes on UHD non-HDR programs on Netflix.

David

1 - 20 of 244 Posts