AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Sounds like the problems with Heroes. Don't they test these things? It's not as if there are that many models of HD DVD players out there.

(I'm worried because my projector is where I want to play Transformers, and that's where my 360 is. My A2 is on the other TV.)

·
Registered
502 Posts
If it won't play, I trust that microsoft will issue an update for it.

I had knocked up and it played fine. I knew to just let it sit there and update. Deleting in the middle screws things up.

I know in the knocked up thread you had to find the cookie, delete it, then restart the disc, let it finish downloading, and all was good.

This doesn't seem to work for transformers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I started having issues with my drive last night. My wife was using it with a Standard DVD and when it froze about 10 minutes in. We tried playing another SD DVD and it started playing but froze up again, and when I tried an HD-DVD(Underworld Evolution - import) last night it wouldn't play it at all. I tried the same HD-DVD today again at lunch and it played for a few minutes and then it froze again.

I will try removing it from the system blade as some of you have suggested and see what happens.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have the 360 HD DVD addon and Transformers and the only issue I have is that it freezes at chapters 17(1 hour and 41 minutes to be exact) and 18. If I skip past them, the rest of the movie plays fine. I even finished the movie then went into the chapter selection and selected 17 and fast forwarded to 1:41 and it froze again. I'm wondering if this is a player issue or if a software update will fix it. I had a similar problem with 300 and the add-on.

·
Registered
782 Posts
What happens is if you abort the cookie download, then a corrupted cookie for that movie is in the cookie cache, and it will lock the player when that movie is loaded. DO NOT ABORT THE COOKIE DOWNLOAD. Just be patient. Since the movie just came out today, even though it would normally only take maybe 2 minutes to download, it might take 10 to 15 minutes.

If you've bombed the cookie download, then you need to flush the cookies before attempting to play the movie again. Then, let it finish the download (one time thing per movie, until you flush the cache again).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Okay, wow.. just had the biggest dumb momemnt ever. I realized I had disc 2 in and it wasn't playing, for whatever reason that may be. Once I put disc one in, the main feature, the movie works just fine. Picture is amazing. Wish the sound was better.

Bottom line.. make sure you don't have a brain fart like me.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyorder1 /forum/post/11924046

Okay, wow.. just had the biggest dumb momemnt ever. I realized I had disc 2 in and it wasn't playing, for whatever reason that may be. Once I put disc one in, the main feature, the movie works just fine. Picture is amazing. Wish the sound was better.

Change your audio settings to the DTS for 1.5MBs. The audio is coming out 5 stars on every review.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, took about 10 mins for the cookie download. Playing just fine. Even skipped to Chapters 17 and 18 to check on what was mentioned earlier and had no issues. It looks fantastic.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyorder1 /forum/post/11924046

Mine also does the same thing with disc 2 on the add on. It just says reading. Anyone get disc 2 to work with the add on?

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg /forum/post/11924333

Change your audio settings to the DTS for 1.5MBs. The audio is coming out 5 stars on every review.

I did... meh. Its better than average, but I've heard better. I wish they would have released a truehd package.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Worked on the 360 addon with the X360. Had to try twice since the 1st time I cancelled and it locked up the X360, power down and on reboot I went into blades and deleted the appropiate HD DVD cookies and started the disc again. Took a few min's to dl the web stuff but every thing worked. Too bad it doesn't work with PowerDVD (3319) tho.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuppu /forum/post/11924924

Can you specify? Is this certain? I got nervous now...

Never gets pass the web enable loading screen with 3319. 3319a may work, but still waiting for Cyberlink support to get back on my e-mail about 3319a.

Addendum: also current versions of Anydvd HD and DVDFab HD will not let me back up Transformers to my HDD so i can not even edit files needed to run. Which I had to do with KnockedUp disc.

·
Registered
305 Posts
did you try disabling your internet connection on your pc while playing. that worked for me on heroes til i got to disk 4 ep 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/11925163

Never gets pass the web enable loading screen with 3319. 3319a may work, but still waiting for Cyberlink support to get back on my e-mail about 3319a.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the add-on and it plays Transformers the way it should. It did take a few minutes to download the cookie. I just walked away and let it do its thing. When I came back, (5 mins +/-) I could play through the entire movie flawlessly. I also picked up Knocked Up and that also plays well in my add on. Wonder why so many having issues with thier drives? I just wanted to post to let you guys know that it does work and not everyone should expect the drive not to work. Good luck

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinsguy /forum/post/11925188

did you try disabling your internet connection on your pc while playing. that worked for me on heroes til i got to disk 4 ep 2.

Thanks that worked...Disabled the nic connection and the disc plays OK. Now if anydvd will come out with the fix so I can load it onto my server

·
Registered
305 Posts
do you happen to have heroes and does it work for you on your pc with the updates? specifically disk 4 and on? why won't anydvd see it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker /forum/post/11925288

Thanks that worked...Disabled the nic connection and the disc plays OK. Now if anydvd will come out with the fix so I can load it onto my server

·
Registered
306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyorder1 /forum/post/11924708

I did... meh. Its better than average, but I've heard better. I wish they would have released a truehd package.

Geezus H, the horse is ****ing dead. If you are that anal about audio than you should have passed on Transformers and turned Blu.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I deleted all the content for the HD-dvd drive and it seems to be working at the moment(half way through 300 right now). Looks like I will pick up Transformers after all.

21 - 40 of 216 Posts