AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinsguy /forum/post/11925310

do you happen to have heroes and does it work for you on your pc with the updates? specifically disk 4 and on? why won't anydvd see it?

Sorry dont have Heroes

·
Registered
4,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyorder1 /forum/post/11924708

I did... meh. Its better than average, but I've heard better. I wish they would have released a truehd package.

Better where?

You must have no idea of what good soundtracks are...this is the BEST DD+ has sounded (and there have been plenty of really good ones like King Kong, Hot Fuzz, etc.) and easily competes with most lossless soundtracks. My opinions seems to be of the majority since reviewers and posters here say the same thing..over and over.

Clear/crisp dialog, strong well-defined bass, clear highs, well-defined mids, excellent soundspace.....it's all great.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo /forum/post/11925922

anyone try disc 2 yet? It won't even get out of the dashboard after i put it in.

How long did you let it load?

It has to download a cookie and can take several minutes initially.....

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsteph10 /forum/post/11926024

How long did you let it load?

It has to download a cookie and can take several minutes initially.....

Why would the second disc need to dl a cookie when there is nothing web related on it? Anyways it never leaves the dashboard screen at all. It just says reading disc where it would normally say play hd dvd. And the disc definitely isn't spinning in there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just tried it on my add-on. Everything was smooth. Whew.

No hiccups in loading the 'cookie'.... all good. I must have extraordinary luck-- I still have a launch 360 to boot!

·
Registered
474 Posts
So use the DTS setting under "Digital audio Settings" to get the DD+ track?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I just got home with a new Transformers and no dice. My craptacular 360 drive is the culprit. Oh well, HDA3 here I come.......

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i havent tried mine yet, but im pretty sure mines will work fine. every problem disk ive never had an issue on w/ my 360 addon. hopefully my luck aint run out yet

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantflair /forum/post/11926255

HighdefJoe, it sounds like there is a hardware malfunction with your 360 drive. The light should not go off of the unit is powered on.

I figured that as well. Even with the other problems discs, the drive never shut off. It does it each time with Transformers. Can anyone explain exactly how to "remove" the HDDVD software from the 360 HDD? I want to try this so I can reinstall it and check again

·
Registered
306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighdefJoe /forum/post/11926309

I figured that as well. Even with the other problems discs, the drive never shut off. It does it each time with Transformers. Can anyone explain exactly how to "remove" the HDDVD software from the 360 HDD? I want to try this so I can reinstall it and check again

Wow man, I had the same problem with my old HD-DVD addon. I am hoping that this one works smooth. Please, please!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Took less than 2 minutes to load the cookie, around the same time to load the Intelligent Mode in web enabled special features and the movie plays flawlessly on my 360 AO.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It took about 30 seconds to download the cookie for me, and the movie played fine on my add-on. No problems with the second disc either.

·
Banned
443 Posts
no probs here. Took maybe 90 seconds to download the update and all golden.

Didn't have any probs with heroes disc 2 either.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the add on. I've opened it up. Not much to it other than a bare drive and a usb interface. Any issues people are having i would bet are more console related than drive related.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Disc 2 also does not load...just reading, and it doesn't sound like it reads...

Disc 1 works thru the first few chapters no problem, but no dice for disc 2...I'm bummed

·
Registered
61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccubedr6 /forum/post/11927111

My Disc 2 also does not load...just reading, and it doesn't sound like it reads...

Disc 1 works thru the first few chapters no problem, but no dice for disc 2...I'm bummed

Me too. Anyone know whats up with the 2nd disc?

41 - 60 of 216 Posts