AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just performed Sly's LVPS P14 Fix on my 8000 and measured P14. The most I can get is 6.27V with P14 connected and when I disconnect it (no load) it measures 6.34V. Is this acceptable or should I go ahead and replace the 20ohm pot with a 40 or so to get the extra little bit? What is the result of having a low P14, low lumens?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
well that's one thing I and the electronics engineer wo does my mods didn't like about that particular method. Overall the concept is brilliant, but to lock down the adjutsment so tight makes the trim pot useless. If you get a little variance in the resistor, you get the results you have now. It could have easily gone the other way, with the voltage just a little too high. The pot is fine, put in a slightly looser resistor. The one's I use allow for an adjustment of 4 to 8 volts, and the curcuit responds beautifully to the trim-pot. Stock is 2V to 12V, so 4 to 8 is a big imporovement while allowing the trim pot to actually do something. BTW, you don't need to try and squeeze in a surface mount on top between thos big heat-sinks, you can add a small wire wound to the bottom of the board, just be carefull to find the right spot.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I assume that's a 'Go ahead and do what you have to to get a little higher voltage'?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.