New system just completed

P4PE mobo

1.8AGHz 400M CPU

512m DDRAM DDR333 PC2700

Radeon 9000 PRO 64MB

Sony DRU500A

WD 120GB HD

Maxtor 40G HD

Problem is at boot I get message " no drive attached to fastrack controller. The bios is not installed "

If I try to boot from DVD with WIN2K disc it begins setup, sometimes hangs, sometimes I get error message. " file ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded. Error code is 7"

Help! Can't get this jewel to format HD's nor install OS!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Nah, you can create a partition once you get into setup. The problem is that Win2k doesn't come with a driver for your controller, so when it switches over to protected mode all of the sudden the boot device is gone.

What you need to do is put the controller drivers on a floppy if you haven't already. When booting from the DVD, when it hits the "Setup is inspecting your computer..." hit F6 a few times. Now it will give you a chance to install 3rd party SCSI/Disk drivers, and you can point it to your floppy to get the drivers for you controller.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
I forgot Jeff has a P4PE. While what he says is the conventional wisdom, the P4PE, for whatever reason (Serial ATA support or something) is not like a typical raid controller used in a single drice configuration.

Good luck.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.