AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got all hyped up for a 10:00am delivery today and the dealer called & said that the new table stand was delayed & would not be in until early next week. Because I have conflicts next week, the P50 will be delivery early next Friday morning. I do have a few more questions.

1. What are the ferrite cores for and do you need to use them?

2. During a power outage, will the P50 retain its picture memory setting?

3. For those who have thier P50 connected to the Zenith 520, what screen size do you have the P50 set to?

4. In using Avia for calibration, what Avia screen to you use for setting the R,G & B values.

Thanks fro answering my questions now & in the past. Alas, another week to wait.

Jim

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
Jim, I believe the ferrite cores are used to reduce interference in the line. I've seen no difference with them or without them. I keep them on anyway.

The P50 will retain all settings during a power outage. No concern there.

My Fujitsu is connected to the Sony HD200 (same as the Zenith). I'm not sure what you mean by "screen size". If you mean a setting in a STB, you would use the 16:9 screen ratio. If you mean what setting for non HD material, I use the "Panaroma" mode.

I didn't use AVIA for setting R/G/B. I used a black & white picture and eyeballed it. Not a substitute for an ISF adjustment, but I think my eye is pretty good for achieving a gray scale that looks good to ME.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
The ferrite cores are part of the FCC EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) requirements and if not installed the unit may radiate "RF noise" into the air and cause reception problems with other receivers you may be using in the area. You do not have to install them. I do because I have enough reception problems where I live.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.