AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I finally bought myself my first plasma. I originally bought the 50" Panasonic VT25 Bundle with the 3D Blu-Ray player and 3D Starter pack. I got it at HH Gregg because they were willing to match BB price of $1800. But after all the coupons and RZ rewards, I got it all with a 5 year warranty for $2043. I thought this was not a bad deal so I took it all home and thought about it over night. I decided that if I was going to send that much on a TV I should go bigger, especially with 3D. I ended up taking it all back and bought the 58" Panasonic VT25 Bundle. They wanted $2700 for this bundle but I ended up talking them down since I used so many coupons that BB was going to offer me. After tax, I got the 58" VT25 Bundle for $2,272 out the door price. BUT this is without a 5 year warranty. I decided to chance it and hope nothing goes wrong after the original year warranty. It is a steep price for me right now due to over whelming debt BUT I thought that this was a pretty good deal. I have not picked it up yet since they were out of stock but it will be in this Wednesday.

Since this is my first plasma TV and also since it was such a pricey investment, do you knowledgeable users have any initial break in recommendations. I swore I read something about not just turning it on and running the highest quality settings prior to a break in. Also, overall, did I get a good deal on this 58" bundle?

Finally, do all of you good people buy the warranties that retailers sell? Is there any other options to protect your investment? On the other hand, I am worried that after the new year here Panasonic is going to release some other highly rated TV. But honestly, how better could it get? A little deeper blacks? Better coloring? 4D? I just want to be sure I made a smart and wise investment. Thank you all for your suggestions and information. Hope everyone has a blessed and happy holiday.

·
Registered
151 Posts
First off I have never owned a plasma and am currently looking the 65vt25 wd82838, px950 or the pn63c8000. I can tell you however that if you purchase through a credit card they will match the companys warranty. Visa is famous for this however no one knows practically wasting money on retail insurance. My opinion would be to buy with a credit card to have the comfort or to shop around and find the cheapest deal which I am sure you have been doing just make sure it is from a respected dealer. As far as beak in period others will chime in but I get the sense it is good to load a usb drive and load slides and let them play over your display.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom /forum/post/19643753

You are aware that you have "overwhelming debt" and you decide to spend $2043 on an HDTV bundle. Then immediately go back and get the $2272 HDTV bundle instead?

Your point being exactly? Why spend $2100 when I could go bigger for $172. Makes since don't it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone? Do all of you good people buy the warranties that retailers sell? Is there any other options to protect your investment? On the other hand, I am worried that after the new year here Panasonic is going to release some other highly rated TV. But honestly, how better could it get? A little deeper blacks? Better coloring? 4D? I just want to be sure I made a smart and wise investment.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamster001 /forum/post/19648167

Anyone? Do all of you good people buy the warranties that retailers sell? Is there any other options to protect your investment? On the other hand, I am worried that after the new year here Panasonic is going to release some other highly rated TV. But honestly, how better could it get? A little deeper blacks? Better coloring? 4D? I just want to be sure I made a smart and wise investment.

Not many people would agree that spending $2000+ on a luxury item when you're in debt is a "wise investment".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinG35 /forum/post/19648191

Not many people would agree that spending $2000+ on a luxury item when you're in debt is a "wise investment".

don't be jealous! Anyways, u did not answer any question relating to my post that you quoted.
Take care chump.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Once again....

·
Registered
402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamster001 /forum/post/19653999

Once again....

No, never. For anything. Period. Fools gold.

Don't worry about them releasing a higher rated set, if they do there will be plenty of credit around to allow you to get that one too...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems more people are concerned about my financial situation rather then focusing on what I initially intended for this post to be about. So again, here it is:

Was just wondering if there are other options rather then the in-store warranty?

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamster001 /forum/post/19659937

Don't hate.

I think some of the fine folks here are worried you may become another one of those people that they are paying off mortages for and don't want to be stuck with your credit card bills too. Can you say bailouts? Btw asking if you should be buying a luxury purchase when deeply in debt is not hating its called really good free advice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.