AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm working on tweaking my new P5E-VM HDMI HTPC with Vista32... Having some weirdness with the Sleep mode in Vista. I'm able to put the PC to Sleep manually, or have Windows do it after 60 minutes or whatever, but coming back our of Sleep seems kind of weird. I have to hold down the power button on my HTPC Case for 5+ seconds (normally a Hard Power Shutdown on most systems) in order to get Windows to come back up. I get the ASUS Bios Splash screen and then Windows resumes where it was when it went to sleep.

Anyone have any tips for the optimal settings (in the BIOS and/or Windows) for easy and quick sleep/wake up. I'd also like to Wake on Lan, but haven't been able to make that work either.

thanks in advance!

SW2

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 /forum/post/13017346

Hi All,

I'm working on tweaking my new P5E-VM HDMI HTPC with Vista32... Having some weirdness with the Sleep mode in Vista. I'm able to put the PC to Sleep manually, or have Windows do it after 60 minutes or whatever, but coming back our of Sleep seems kind of weird. I have to hold down the power button on my HTPC Case for 5+ seconds (normally a Hard Power Shutdown on most systems) in order to get Windows to come back up. I get the ASUS Bios Splash screen and then Windows resumes where it was when it went to sleep.

Anyone have any tips for the optimal settings (in the BIOS and/or Windows) for easy and quick sleep/wake up. I'd also like to Wake on Lan, but haven't been able to make that work either.

thanks in advance!

SW2

Before you get carried away try going into the task manager and stopping the AINAP (?) process. I think its the one from ASUS that allows sleep mode from the MOBO. This seems to interfer with the Windows sleep function for me. With it running after Windows sleeps the machine, this process will turn it back on again after about 5 minutes.

I have noticed that I loose the ability to put the machine in sleep from the power button, but at least my machines stays asleep. Try eliminating this process first just to see if it fixes your problem too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't have the answer for you as I don't have that board, but, and again I have never used this function so I don't know, it seems that you are doing like a hibernation or something if you are seeing the bios screen.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 /forum/post/13017346

Hi All,

thanks in advance!

SW2

Did you set the BIOS to S3 mode before installing the OS? All, what device are you using to try and bring the system back?

There are BIOS settings for enabling/disabling PCI, PCI-E, and PS/2 devices.

Might help.

Wo0zy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy /forum/post/13026769

Did you set the BIOS to S3 mode before installing the OS? All, what device are you using to try and bring the system back?

There are BIOS settings for enabling/disabling PCI, PCI-E, and PS/2 devices.

Might help.

Wo0zy

I don't think I set S3 in BIOS until after Vista load.... I'm just trying to wake up the PC via the Power Button on the Case, although would like Wake on LAN... The only peripheral I have is the Adesso RF KB/Trackball Combo via USB (which I don't think has a Sleep/Wake button on it).

The BIOS settings for all those other things right now is disabled as far as I remember (not in front of it @ Work).

SW2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts