AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new so be gentle.

I have a P60W26 with a black bar going vertical down the screen. See pic. Is this fixable? I found an owners manual but not a service manual. I'm wondering if this is repairable.. It seems like from searching around that some folks have had success fixing this sorta issue. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks! I'm not affraid to tear into this thing and do any kind of soldering if that is needed btw.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re-seat the ribbon cable going from the buffer to the panel.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74f100 /forum/post/20887686

Re-seat the ribbon cable going from the buffer to the panel.

Jim

Thank you, i'll give that shot.. I have no idea what the buffer is but I'll re-seat all the ribbon cables that I see and maybe I'll hit the one you are talking about.. once I'm inside i'll take some pics and maybe someone can help me identify the parts i'm needing to check. Thanks again..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, does anyone happen to have the service manual/schematics for this model? Preferably in a PDF format.

Thanks

I looked all night last night, I posted this message, and within about 10 minutes of searching here at work, I found the service manual..

Here is link if anyone is interested. It's got it all.. Nice!

http://elektrotanya.com/zenith_p60w26.pdf/download.html

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:
I have no idea what the buffer is but I'll re-seat all the ribbon cables
It is a board that runs across the top of the panel, or a couple boards run end to end. You will notice a ribbon cable that corresponds to the position of the dead area of the panel.

I usually take a marker and mark the spot that's dead with the set on. Then take it apart and look for the cable that matches that mark.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74f100
It is a board that runs across the top of the panel, or a couple boards run end to end. You will notice a ribbon cable that corresponds to the position of the dead area of the panel.

I usually take a marker and mark the spot that's dead with the set on. Then take it apart and look for the cable that matches that mark.

Jim
I will try that and report back.. Thanks for the marker tip as well..That makes good sense. I understand now totally what you are suggesting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my report: Good News and Bad News

Good News - Pic 1

I found the bad part.. Little fuse type component I suppose from items I've read. On my Multimeter it reports as open and the other three are closed. I assume a jumper wire is all I need to do and it should take care of the black bar problem..

Bad News - Pic 2

When removing the ribbon cable I found it to be very brittle. So brittle that it tore a bit causing some lines to appear similar to the the black bar but not as bad. I don't know if this is repairable. Can someone shed some light on repair options if any please. Thanks..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.