AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i read the instructions and set up the volume and hz but it said nothing about the "phase" not even sure i know what that is..

Anyway...

my setup is a Yamaha rx-671 with Boston Acoustic in wall and ceiling 5 channel speakers, the PA 150 rounds it out. I ran the YPAO on the reciever and i can say i am lessed than impressed, i need more bass or response...

PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
YPAO does nothing for the bass except set the distance and gain. If you need more bass, do one or more of the following...

1) Make sure all speakers are set to small.

2) Set the crossovers to 80 Hz or highr.

3) Increase the subwoofer DB gain.

4) Turn up the volume on the subwoofer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all speakers are set to small

i set the crossover to 80hz on the sub, do i have the option on the reciever?

Where is the db gain? i think is at -10

volume is at 6

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Set the crossover on the sub as high as it goes or bypass it. Then in your AVR set the crossover to 80hz maybe even 100hz, and make sure the LPF of LFE is 120hz.

Also where do you have your sub placed? Where do you sit? How big is your room?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiMike  /t/1416814/pa-150-arrived-not-impressed-need-help-to-be-impressed-settings-ypao#post_22153852

all speakers are set to small

i set the crossover to 80hz on the sub, do i have the option on the reciever?

Where is the db gain? i think is at -10

volume is at 6

What level is set on the subwoofer level on the receiver?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
-10 is very low.

is the YPAO on the 671 mad at you?

Crank it to "0" and see how it blows air and adjust to your taste.

* Also on the back on the sub amp put it right at about 11 o'clock and adjust to your taste.

Keep us updated?

Enjoy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift  /t/1416814/pa-150-arrived-not-impressed-need-help-to-be-impressed-settings-ypao#post_22153975

-10 is very low.

is the YPAO on the 671 mad at you?

Crank it to "0" and see how it blows air and adjust to your taste.

* Also on the back on the sub amp put it right at about 11 o'clock and adjust to your taste.

Keep us updated?

Enjoy.

i will try that but the sub has 3 knobs on it, volume, phase and crossover

So you want the crossover at 11 o clock?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru  /t/1416814/pa-150-arrived-not-impressed-need-help-to-be-impressed-settings-ypao#post_22153904

Set the crossover on the sub as high as it goes or bypass it. Then in your AVR set the crossover to 80hz maybe even 100hz, and make sure the LPF of LFE is 120hz.

Also where do you have your sub placed? Where do you sit? How big is your room?

I just got this reciever and havent had a ton of time to play with it...

i have the sub to the right of the tv facing the small part of the L on my sectional, i sit on the sectional...

·
Registered
9,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiMike  /t/1416814/pa-150-arrived-not-impressed-need-help-to-be-impressed-settings-ypao#post_22154022

i will try that but the sub has 3 knobs on it, volume, phase and crossover

So you want the crossover at 11 o clock?

Turn the crossover all the way to the right. Leave the phase alone. Set the volume(gain) to about 11:00 for starters.

·
Registered
11,516 Posts
Placement is everything (well almost). Do the sub crawl test. Also if you are sitting in the middle of the room you are sitting in a huge null spot.

The PA-150 has tons of output in the 40-80hz range, Something seems off.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk  /t/1416814/pa-150-arrived-not-impressed-need-help-to-be-impressed-settings-ypao#post_22154104

Placement is everything (well almost). Do the sub crawl test. Also if you are sitting in the middle of the room you are sitting in a huge null spot.

The PA-150 has tons of output in the 40-80hz range, Something seems off.

Agreed.

And adjust the gain (volume) on the amp so that YPAO determines a channel level much closer to 0db. That better optimizes the amp sensitivity for the output on the receiver. Then bump up the channel level a few db if the bass isn't enough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts