AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build in two PA speakers in the ceiling in my dining area and the kitchen. I already have the 15” version of this speaker and I´m verry happy with it. It´s connected with chromecast audio.
Since the 15” version is a little to massive I´m aiming for the 12” version.
SP1200A - PA-aktiv-högtalare

The audio spread for this speaker is not that good and therefore I wan´t to mount them at an angel to the listening position.

The biggest problem I think I will have is the vibration and after that the flow of air between the attic and the livingarea.

I have lots of space in the attic so thats no problem for this kind of installation.

I need input on my ideas and does and don´ts.
  1. Removable door for access to outlets: Just for access otherwise closed.
  2. MDF outer box: MDF backbox with an open front and distance between back from amplifier.
  3. Builtin amplifier: what disance between the amplifier and backbox should I have? Should I make some kind of holes in the backbox so I dont get an heating problem?
  4. MDF for tilt effect: just to get the right sound angel down to listening possition
  5. Speaker: 12”, 38 x 60 x 39 cm
  6. Sound obsorbing material: 3 sides of the backbox and as shown on ”front view”
  7. Sawdust insulation: Existing insulation
  8. Floor attic: Chipboard
  9. Ceiling dining area: Chipboard
  10. Speaker grille: some kind of material that lets sound trough but also hides the instalation from bellow. Any suggestions?
    speaker.PNG

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
No way would I use an active speaker in that situation. Even if you ventilate the box, it’s venting into an attic. Do you live someplace where the sun never shines? If not, the speaker should be passive.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way would I use an active speaker in that situation. Even if you ventilate the box, it’s venting into an attic. Do you live someplace where the sun never shines? If not, the speaker should be passive.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
I live in Sweden so kind of ;)

The speaker is available in a passive version as well.
Do you have any other input?

Best Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts