AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillKen /forum/post/0

I just noticed that my local cable provider now has the Pace TDC775HD set top box available and was wondering how it compared to the Moto 6412 phase 3 box I have now. http://support.agoc.com/manuals.asp

Is it worth having them swap it out? Thanks for any replies.

I am wondering the same thing. I am going to try one out to see if the HDMI switching problem inherent in the Motorolas is resolved.

The HD is larger than the 6412, but Armstrong also offer the newer Motorola with the 160GB HD as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillKen /forum/post/0

I just noticed that my local cable provider now has the Pace TDC775HD set top box available and was wondering how it compared to the Moto 6412 phase 3 box I have now. http://support.agoc.com/manuals.asp

Is it worth having them swap it out? Thanks for any replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobydolby /forum/post/0

I am wondering the same thing. I am going to try one out to see if the HDMI switching problem inherent in the Motorolas is resolved.

The HD is larger than the 6412, but Armstrong also offer the newer Motorola with the 160GB HD as well.

I was just looking at Armstrong's website as well and noticed this. Did either of you find any information that helped in your decision? Or have either of you tried the new Pace box?? I would like to try the Pace STB but don't want to if it's worse. Any updates would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpeterson5 /forum/post/0

I was just looking at Armstrong's website as well and noticed this. Did either of you find any information that helped in your decision? Or have either of you tried the new Pace box?? I would like to try the Pace STB but don't want to if it's worse. Any updates would be appreciated! Thanks.

I haven't made a move on this yet. The motorola is working rock solid and I'm upconverting from comp. video to HDMI. In addition, Armstrong is behind in updates.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobydolby /forum/post/0

I haven't made a move on this yet. The motorola is working rock solid and I'm upconverting from comp. video to HDMI. In addition, Armstrong is behind in updates.

Thanks doobydolby. I have a few bugs with the Moto box, but nothing too bad. Can I ask why you are upconverting when the Motorola boxes already have HDMI outputs? And also, what is meant by Armstrong being behind in updates?? Are you refering to Moto or Pace there? Thanks for the update, I do appreciate it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any updates on these STB's? My new set had DVI, so I'm looking to upgrade from my older single-tuner, 8hr DCT6208.

What is the hard drive on the Pace - I couldn't find info anywhere? I guess I'm leaning toward the 6416, as I wouldn't need to re-program my MX-500's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.