AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have Roswell set to record at 7 and Smallville at 8 on my SS. Roswell KEEPS getting cut off at the very end and starts late so the beginning is cut off. Last season I never had this problem. This means I can't pad the end of Roswell because it will run into Smallville. I can record one or the other on my Replay in the bedroom, but the TV in there is tiny! What the heck is going on?

What's worse is that it appears the channel listings are screwy. For the last two weeks Andromeda has started a half hour later than the channel listings indicate. I get Everybody Loves Raymond for the first fricken half-hour and then the first half of Andromeda. Any insight!?

I know, its just TV. But I have the blasted things to watch TV on my own terms.

Matthew in CO

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Creech
Ok. I have Roswell set to record at 7 and Smallville at 8 on my SS. Roswell KEEPS getting cut off at the very end and starts late so the beginning is cut off.
It sounds like your local stations have monkeyed with the schedule. In most of the country, Roswell and Smallville are on at the same time (9PM Eastern and Pacific, 8 PM Central and Mountain). If Roswell starts at 7, when is Buffy on?

I've noticed that WB tends to run a little behind: when I record a show on this network, I always get the closing credits of the previous show. But it's never so far off that I lose any of the episode contents -- there's always a long commercial break before the closing credits. If yours is so far off that you do (it must be at least 3 or 4 minutes behind), complain to your local station that they're not broadcasting on time.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Creech
Ok. I have Roswell set to record at 7 and Smallville at 8 on my SS. Roswell KEEPS getting cut off at the very end and starts late so the beginning is cut off. Last season I never had this problem. This means I can't pad the end of Roswell because it will run into Smallville. I can record one or the other on my Replay in the bedroom, but the TV in there is tiny! What the heck is going on?

What's worse is that it appears the channel listings are screwy. For the last two weeks Andromeda has started a half hour later than the channel listings indicate. I get Everybody Loves Raymond for the first fricken half-hour and then the first half of Andromeda. Any insight!?
I'm recording Buffy, Roswell and Andromeda and I'm not having any problems at all. All of the shows are starting at exactly the right time. I agree that your local channels is messing around on you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.