AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I am using Nero MediaHome on our PC to serve mp4 files so that our PS3 can play them.

The PC uses a wired connection to Linksys WRT600N and the PS3 is connected wirelessly.

When I play the file from PS3, the movie continues to pause every couple of seconds.

Can someone please enlighten me on where the problem could be?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Vrushali

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would suggest that you varify the system requirements against your PC and ensure you have enough horse power for what you're doing.

It sounds like you may have a CPU bottleneck.

Kevin

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. Thanks for your help.

I have a 64-bit Intel Celeron 430 @1.80 GHz with 2G RAM. I would think this should be enough.

I am running Windows 2008 x64 though. Wonder if that is my problem.

I will try installing it on a different machine and see if the problem goes away.

Regards,

Vrushali

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sounds like your firewall or anti-virus software is analyzing your stream. Make sure you have put Tversity (or whatever program you use - in your case Nero MediaHome) in the exception list (so it will not be monitored by the firewall and/or AV software).

It could also be your player itself. I have mp4 files that play perfectly on my PS3 and stutter on my AppleTV.

Lastly (I keep editing this post), make sure you have the latest codec versions installed...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrushali /forum/post/15471283

Ok. Thanks for your help.

I have a 64-bit Intel Celeron 430 @1.80 GHz with 2G RAM. I would think this should be enough.

I am running Windows 2008 x64 though. Wonder if that is my problem.

I will try installing it on a different machine and see if the problem goes away.

Regards,

Vrushali

I believe Nero does transcoding, correct? If so (and you're using a file that requires it), those specs are not enough if we're talking about HD res.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.