AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently finished painting my ceiling and front wall flat black. I also will need to paint the baseboards and door frame (and possibly, the door itself) black. Should I use the same paint for these (flat), or would it be better to use a different finish on baseboards. I have plenty of the flat black, so I'd rather use it up, but don't want it to end up looking like crap either.

Stew

· Registered
398 Posts
If your ceiling and front wall are black, what is the color of the other 3 walls?

I know the black color used in HTs serves a function, but ya gotta admit it's not very "cheery". You might as well go the whole nine yards and paint everything black. A nice semi-gloss bright white would work, but then you'll get reflections when the movies are playing...

· Registered
7,656 Posts
If you're gonna use flat for the trim, you might want to consider some sort of hard clear cote over it - especially black. Flat black 'chalks' at the lightest touch (my ceiling and front wall are black too.) Trim takes a ton more abuse than the wall usually.

· Registered
783 Posts
I did the same as you, I have a front wall painted flat black and a black suspended ceiling. The other walls are a deep merlot color. The trim is painted a black in eggshell finish. The eggshell has more durability than flat, easier to clean, and resisted scuf marks from the vacuum.

· Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

The color is not the question (although I can see I didn't write that clearly), as it will be black. I wasn't sure whether or not to use flat because of the scuff marks and such. I think I'll take Maxim's advice and buy some eggshell to do the trim.

Thanks again,

Stew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.