1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Day-glo orange, and Joker Green. Now THAT'S a color combination!:D

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I think typically you do black and a dark(rich) color of your liking.

I've seen black/red, black/blue, black/grey used often. I'm a fan of blue and painted the bottom half of the walls black, top half blue, and the ceiling black. this all started because we found some dark blue carpet at an 'end of the roll' price.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Color is tricky...............

Discover paint chips you like.................each card will identify light reflectivity on back..........the higher the number, more issues with contrast on screen. Consider paint texture..............some faux paints may seem brighter than their actual reflectivity ie faux Suede paints etc. IMHO, lighter colors make room more inviting when lights are on.

Black is great for light absorption..............hard to get to right and needs multiple coats and still can show brush marks, roll marks etc. For what is worth, paint quality can make a significant difference. Divine Paints by Miller (Don't think Divine is still with Miller though) is quality coming out of wazoo. Goes on smooth.....thick and can get away with one coat depending on substrate. Don't let paint price scare you.................two to three gallons is all you may need.......and higher priced paints sometimes don't require two coats.

I used Ralph Lauren Suede paint and love it..............you can use lighter colors and still have very low reflectivity values. You don't have to go all black in order to have a great movie experience when lights are off.......................just be very careful with color selections. I suggest research, experiment with larger samples in room.................in other words, don't take someone else' opinion without testing out yourself.

Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts