AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting psyched to use a 5x10 piece of parkland plastic as a substrate for a new painted screen (probably a ddog formulation), but I was suprised to find that the sheets are now over $67 each!

Any thoughts on the best base for a painted screen? I'm thinking of just going with a poly or cotton muslin, since they're available in larger widths and have a nice tight weave. I thought about the blackout cloth, but didn't find an obvious source for the roughly 66" width I need, and since I'd be painting it, I'm not sure of the advantage of blackout cloth anyway.

I need to have a screen with a finished height of 60", and a width of about 108", I've gotten spoiled and can't go back to anything smaller!

Eric.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check out Daizian.com for larger width screen material. I tend to agree if you need more than 4x8 parkland loses it's bang for the buck appeal.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wow, $67 for the Parkland is steep. It's a nice easy solution (an even, flat, white, simple to hang & clean), but that's $1.34 sq/ft! A 4X8 sheet at Lowes was $14, only about $0.44 sq/ft. Seeing how the dazian white screen material (86" wide) is about $0.79 sq/foot, if it projects a similar image, it's a no-brainer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.