AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys see any adverse affects of painting 'curtains' on the front wall behind the screen (assuming you paint it dark enough like a deep red being the lightest color in the pallette)?

My wife is a mural painter and thought it would be a good idea to do something like this:
Curtains - Lighter

Only I of course, would make sure it is darker (and flat paint) so it doesn't affect screen picture, light reflecting,etc- something maybe like this:
Curtains - Darker

Then I was thinking about painting the walls and ceiling in the rest of the room a good theater gray? Any other suggestions? My seating will be black leather berklines...

Is this an ok idea (assuming it looks similar to the pics) or am I overshooting?

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's a great idea! Go for it and take photo's! I really think it'll look great and will be an excellent talking point. And assuming that this Home Theater project has been yours since day one, it's also a nice way to get your wife involved and to share in the process.

Steven

·
Registered
7,138 Posts
Do you guys see any adverse affects of painting 'curtains' on the front wall behind the screen...

I'm confused. If you paint anything on the wall behind the screen, it won't be seen since the screen is in the way. What am I missing here?

Kal

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The painting with cover the WHOLE wall- the screen will just be in the middle (obviously you wouldn't paint right BEHIND the screen- what I mean is the wall it is on)...

Kinda like faux curtains...

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Saves on dry-cleaning costs!

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
sounds cool

also two more ideas

1) if there is enough room above the image/ screen you could continue the top motif (so that it looks like real curtains that were drawn before hand

2) if it is a retractable screen (IR controlled) you can also paint the part behind the screen so that when the screen is up it looks like the curtains are shut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.