AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This may be a weird question but I own the Harman Kardon HKTS-14 5.1 speaker set. They are gray/silver in color. I have just purchased a new black Samsung LCD and would like to paint my speakers the same color so they can match. Has anyone ever tried this? The speaker grill/mesh cannot be removed. I would like to paint them, but not at the risk of ruining my speakers. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
You're probably fine with the sides other than the front, but I don't believe all grilles can be painted.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ok. This may be off the wall but I always like a challenge. If the color is really an issue, in the past when trying to paint an exterior item without getting paint in the interior, I was successful in doing it by hand with a rag. I turned the item upside down so nothing would drip internally. Placed very, very little paint on a rag and ever so "slowly" barely patted, rolled across or skimmed the surface. I was able to transfer enough paint to cover the item without it filling in the gaps or loading it to the point it dripped. If you had an old piece of screen or something that was similar to the speaker grill, you could test your skills on that.

Of course on the other hand, if the color can be tolerated, you could probably look at this and tell yourself "if this is the kind of suggestions I'm going to get I'm never coming back here again".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts