AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been reading the forum for a while now, but it's time to post.. Firstly, my apologies if this has been discussed previously - I have done a search which didn't come up with anything.

Has anyone painted their projectors? I'm looking at painting an NEC LT150 white to match the ceiling (and keep the better half more decor happy...).

Any issues? I'd be looking at taking the covers off the unit to paint it - has anyone done this to an LT150?

Thanks and regards.

John

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have not read about anyone painting their LT150. If you were to paint it I would recommend a high temperature paint like the type used in painting engine blocks.

Have you considered buying or building a hush box and painting it white? I would lean towards the hush box if I were in your situation.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Painting and/or removing cover may void warranty. You'd better check first. I agree with hushbox painting as it'll be needed due to high pitch noise on ceiling mode.

I also advise against painting it. But if you do insist on painting, you can paint it very carefully using paintbrush while it's upside down to prevent paint from dripping inside. You can detail the grill vents with a small artist brush and this should prevent splashing inside unit. If you leave lens cover on while paiting it should protect the lens. Painting actual unit is a bad idea IMHO.

How about painting ceiling gray to match unit? This will help with contrast and light splatters too. It may scare the wife to not complain about the little gray unit :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.