AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an Infinity In wall center channel for my FR/plasma setup..very nice and crisp sound. Now I need to mount it and paint it the wall color.

Problem

There's a white felt that I'll have to remove if I roll the wall color on the grill. I plan to remove the AT felt, but the Infinity white drivers will be visible through the grill. If I put the white felt back, that won't look right.

What do you gys do ?

Can I lightly spray the drivers flat black without effecting their performance ?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma George /forum/post/15508657

Can I lightly spray the drivers flat black without effecting their performance ?

No

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'd be concerned that the paint might change the weight of the driver.

Also, I'm not a chemistry expert, but I would be concerned about the paint chemicals reacting with the materials used to construct the cone and surround.

My guess would be - and this is pure conjecture - that if it were this easy to simply paint and modify the driver color of speakers without damaging them, then more companies would offer speakers painted in different colors as options. Little easy stuff like that could help profits a lot if it were possible.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
If it's painting over the drivers with a brush yea I'd figure he'd be able to detect a difference in sound quality. But lightly sprayed? Granted it won't be pure black and with the usage of a center channel, I doubt he'll hear any difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts