AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,

First i would like to thank the guys who responded on my previous thread on the EMPT TEK E5TiRs vs the Infinity Primus P362. I was recommended the PSB Image T45's, and i thought i would make a final post before i decide.

I wanted to go and listen to several of the speakers, but as i live in NYC the auditioning options were not great. These are the models i have narrowed it down to:

* Infinity Primus p362

* PSB Image T45 (not T55 due to the distorting bass people have pointed out. Also considering the T65's if they are significantly better, despite the step up in price)

* EMP TEK E5TiR (product of the year award at audioholics)

* KEF iQ7 (i do not think these really hold up but I put them down anyhow)

Other notes:

* I am going to buy a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver i think (as it got high ratings most places).

* I listen mostly to music (Examples: John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Classical, Rock, Some Rap, Elton John, Billy Joel etc..)

* I am planning to buy a good sub, and it looks like i will end up with a PSB Sub Series 5i as it has received a lot of awards.

So my question is which speaker pair would you go with, and why? Are there any other speakers in the sub 600 that you would recommend over these?

Thanks a million!

Magnus

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
You might also consider buying used. Monitor Audio RS-6 speakers are nicely constructed and have received very good reviews. You can find them used in the $600 range (about 1/2 of the actual new price that they sold for).

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I am not buying the notion that it's hard to audition these mainstream speakers in NYC. You should listen to PSB T45/T5s, Monitor Audio RS6/RX6, and Infinity P362 for yourself.

These are all very good speakers but you are bound to have a preference and nobody can predict it.

Ron

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje /forum/post/18243575

You might also consider buying used. Monitor Audio RS-6 speakers are nicely constructed and have received very good reviews. You can find them used in the $600 range (about 1/2 of the actual new price that they sold for).

definitely look into the MA RS6 and possibly the Paradigm Monitor line.

I would go audition and find the sound you like, and then buy used

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Go to the website of the speaker company you want to audition. They will tell you where they are located. It is really that simple.

NYC maybe the best location in the world to audition A/V equipment. If you can't find a dealer you aren't trying hard enough.

Go listen. Who cares what we think. Listen to other brands up to $1200 and look for them used if you really love them. Audiogon is a good source and there are others. Craigslist maybe a great option as you could go see/listen to brands before buying used. 9 million or so people live in NYC. Take advantage!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.