AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale One Pair Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond Speakers (Piano Gloss Black)

This is one of two ads for a pair of six month old excellent condition B&W 805 Diamond bookshelf speakers. Perfect operational order, cosmetically they are equally great shape - however I will conservatively rate 8/10 if there are minute markings on the gloss finish that I cannot see or photograph.

These are superb speakers with B&W's latest Diamond tweeter and cross over technology that were used as part of an 11.2 setup which I am no longer using. They were used in a smoke, pet, and child free environment, and ship with original carton (matching sequential serial numbers), grill covers, link wires, port plugs, and manual.

Details here:

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Speakers/Home_Audio/800_Series_Diamond/805-Diamond.html

From the 1/2011 The Absolute Sound Review:
"As you can tell, I loved the 805 Diamond. Its overall level of performance went well beyond its $5000 asking price. The fine level of resolution it brings to bear is almost planar-like, and it packs respectable dynamic verve that does lots of music justice. Its bass response is sufficient for many music collections and listening environments. Personally, I was beguiled by the 805's winning way of transforming records and CDs into deeply involving musical experiences. This is what it is all about for me: technical accomplishment in service to art."
Buyer pays shipping and 1/2 paypal. Local cash pickup in northern NJ also available.

Please PM me with any questions

Type: Two-way, vented-box system

Drivers: One 6.5” woven Kevlar mid/bass, one 1” diamond dome tweeter

Frequency response: 49Hz–28kHz (–3dB)

Sensitivity: 88dB (2.83V/1m)

Impedance: 8 ohms

Recommended amplifier power: 50W–120W into 8 ohms

Dimensions: 9.4” x 16.5” x 13.8”

Weight: 26 lbs. each

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.