AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a DVD set of an American series, which was released in color in Germany, but only with a German soundtrack. I have almost all of the episodes already in English but from 16mm black and white prints. I'd like to dub the English audio on the color video but there's the 4% PAL speedup that has to be dealt with. Any suggestions on how this can best be done?

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
You can slow down the video (preferred) or speed up the audio, but first you will have to rip both sets of dvds using something like makemkv, then demux the tracks using mkv cleaver. The you can use something like Virtualdub to change the frame rate from 25 to 23.976 and use a disk authoring tool to remux the new video file from the PAL DVD's and the audio from the english DVD's. Not a trivial process.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can slow down the video (preferred) or speed up the audio, but first you will have to rip both sets of dvds using something like makemkv, then demux the tracks using mkv cleaver. The you can use something like Virtualdub to change the frame rate from 25 to 23.976 and use a disk authoring tool to remux the new video file from the PAL DVD's and the audio from the english DVD's. Not a trivial process.
What does remux mean?

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
To combine the modified audio and video elementary streams into a playable video file. As I said, it's not a trivial process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts