Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have the Panny TH PW3U Plasma which has been perfect with a 480p signal on NTSC Progressive signals from my Philips 962sa DVD(bought from Hong Long) Player.However on PAL Progressive DVD playback ( The DVD Player is configured for PAL Pro) I get a small rectangular and a "stretched "(almost in a 16:9 mode) picture,occuping 1/5th of the screen.I can see that its a PAL Pro. picture & is stunning but it really is a weird one.The DVD player was checked and rechecked before being bought having a perfect 525p picture.I tried using the Picture Position controls to "unstretch" the picture but it becomes pixelated.The manual says that the monitor comes preset & equipped with 525p,480p.1080i etc etc picture settings...but I cant seem to get a result.The interlaced playback from DVDs and the NTSC PS Playback is perfect.Could it be that the PW3U is unable to play PAL Progressive picture?Or is ther a problem with the DVD player?Panasonic here does'nt know the answer but they are writing to their Gurus in Japan.Could somebody kindly throw in some expertise.I will appreciate it.

Cheers.

Ashar:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.