Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have the Panny TH PW3U Plasma which has been perfect with a 480p signal on NTSC Progressive signals from my Philips 962sa DVD player(bought from Hong Kong online) .However on PAL Progressive DVD playback ( The DVD Player is configured for PAL Pro) I get a small rectangular and a "stretched "(almost in a 16:9 mode) picture,occuping 1/5th of the screen.I can see that its a PAL Pro. picture & is stunning but it really is a weird one.The DVD player was checked and rechecked before being bought having a perfect 525p picture.I tried using the Picture Position controls to "unstretch" the picture but it becomes pixelated.The manual says that the monitor comes preset & equipped with 525p,480p.1080i etc etc picture settings...but I cant seem to get a result.The interlaced playback from DVDs and the NTSC PS Playback is perfect.Could it be that the PW3U is unable to play PAL Progressive picture?Or is ther a problem with the DVD player?Panasonic here does'nt know the answer but they are writing to their Gurus in Japan.Could somebody kindly throw in some expertise.I will appreciate it.

Cheers.

Ashar:confused:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ashar,

the pre-defined inputs for *most* Panasonic Plasma display are:

525i (480i), 625i (575i), 525p (480p), 750p (720p), 1125i(1080i)

Can you give us the complete and full model number of your Panasonic display (there are several 3U variants)?

Note that it is completely missing 625p (575p or 576p) which means PAL Progressive.

Are you sure (have you confirmed with another PAL Progressive video source) that your Plasma display can display PAL progressive?

cheers,

Halcy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Halcy,

Thanks for your reply.The model no. is TH42 PW3.I did'nt realise that PAL Pro needs a 625p display.My My!! ....am I worried now! If my panel is not preset for this ...can these displays be tweaked/configured to play 625p source?Unfortunately I have no other PAL Pro source to test the display on.In New Zealand,people are been deliberately kept in the dark about advances in pic. resolution elsewhere.Infact some salespeople sell 100Hz TVs as Progressive scan and/or HD.Its really the pits!Please let me know if there is hope for me as I have been on the quest for PAL PS for a year now.Thanks.

Ashar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.