AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 46" Sony KDL-46XBR9 LCD TV

I bought it in USA and I plan to bring it to Singapore.

The LCD TV itself has NTSC system and Singapore has PAL system.

I aware that I have to get converter to convert PAL system into NTSC so I can use my television on Singapore.

My question is,

Can anyone give me a recommendation of brand and model of converter that I should get ?

It is true that when I am using the converter PAL to NTSC, I can use the television to watch a TV channel in Singapore?

Thank You

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by baibaiman /forum/post/17015165

I have 46" Sony KDL-46XBR9 LCD TV

I bought it in USA and I plan to bring it to Singapore.

The LCD TV itself has NTSC system and Singapore has PAL system.

I aware that I have to get converter to convert PAL system into NTSC so I can use my television on Singapore.

My question is,

Can anyone give me a recommendation of brand and model of converter that I should get ?

It is true that when I am using the converter PAL to NTSC, I can use the television to watch a TV channel in Singapore?

Thank You

You are actually identifying two problems. There are many PAL-to-NTSC converters available, but of course that assumes a PAL signal coming in, such as from a DVD player or satellite/cable set-top-box. To receive PAL over-the-air broadcasts, you need a tuner to sit in front of the converter. I see that someone now makes a PAL converter that includes a tuner, see http://www.world-import.com/Com_Worl..._Converter.htm , that might work for you.

Wikipedia indicates that Singapore is introducing DVB-T for HDTV broadcasts, so you still might need a cable box.

I've not taken a TV overseas, so I can't give you any personal advice.

Good luck,

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts