AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bid the last pair of Palladium from ubid on 05/07. Yesterday ubid notified me that they couldn't ship it to me on time and give me two options:

1. Wait until 5/27, they would (who knows) have new palladiums in warehouse and ship to me.

2. Cancel the order now and get a $250 credit which valid for 90 days toward my next bid (in other words, I can get a $250 item for free).

I choose option 1 to wait. My question is, if finally they cancel my bid/order, and I don't want to take $250 credit, can I force them to provide me a pair of NEW Palladium?

If we bid and we cannot change our mind (yes, it is their rule), I think they cannot change the auction either. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Roy

·
Registered
313 Posts
From past experience you cannot get them to buy you new ones. My advice is either take the $250 or complain as loud as possible and try and get them to give you more than $250 (but I doubt they will, $250 was the most I ever got from them and I've gotten a lot back from them).

If you take the $250 and then they get more in stock you can always bid again and hopefully get a similar closing price and then take $250 off the price.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Try not to get too involved with UBID customer service. You will find it can remove years off your life expectancy.

But $250 credit isn't a bad way for them to make amends. We have to realize UBID sells discontinued and refurbished items (as well as new), and they cannot always make an item available if they screw up. I suppose it's part of an assumed risk we take when shopping for a bargain. I haven't read all of UBID's disclaimers, but I'm sure they're covered by multiple layers of protection for situations such as these.

I won an auction for a pair of discontinued Infinity speakers a few months ago. They offered me a choice of $75 credit or different pair of speakers when it was realized they didn't have the product in their warehouse. Now, compared to you, they got off cheap!! :mad:

I'm curious as to how much the item you didn't get was going to cost? Wondering if the credit amount is related to the cost of the product.

Anyway, it sounds like they're saying you will get your item, just a few weeks late. If that item comes up for auction often, take the $250 credit and bid next time they offer it. Even if you wind up bidding $100 more to win it next time, you're $150 to the good or just apply the entire credit toward your purchase.

Terry

·
Registered
501 Posts
you might try to talk them into giving you free shipping for making you wait, that would cut a decent cost off of the price. Otherwise, I think waiting is the best choice.

Iostream

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to wait for Palladium as I love to have them. I still have the chance to get $250 credit. If I miss the chance, I don't think I could get a pair of them for $2300. Thanks for your input, guys. I will let you know whether they ship to me or give me another solution.

Roy

·
Registered
888 Posts
Most likely you will get them. A friend of mine went through a similar situation with his order for some 8008x3Bs (at my recommendation too). He ended up talking to the CEO who passed him on to their head buyer. He was told that Mondial has a bunch of units built for Europe that need to be rebuilt for American electricity and that those would show up in a few weeks. Your palladiums are probably part of that.

Once you get them, make sure to go to the Klipsch Aragon forum and list the serial numbers (assuming they aren't sequential) so that you can find the matching Left/Right amps - ubid, despite describing the palladiums as being matched pairs has not been tracking the serial numbers enough to actually ship them that way.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My order got cancelled and I got $50 + $250 credit. I ordered again where there was another pair of Palladium, but order got cancelled again.

So I got $550 credit from ubid which turns to a LCD, sound card and digital camera, but I am still waiting for good deal on palladium.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Heck, just keep bidding and getting cancelled. That's quite a nice little earner you've got there.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.